Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ACM to identify/register links with CICS program

• 1.  ACM to identify/register links with CICS program

Posted Jun 15, 2017 04:37 AM

Hello Community

Is ACM able to identify/register links between CICS elements (program) which are called via EXEC CICS LINK PROGRAM? When I use ACM Query to list those links it does not seem to work as I always get an empty list. My objective is to identify a complete set of elements that I need to update if I modifi a CICS program.

Thanks for your help

rgds

Jean-Christophe

• 2.  Re: ACM to identify/register links with CICS program
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2017 12:00 PM

Jean-Christophe

In order for ACM to automatically capture a component relationship, the 'using' element must read the 'used' element during the execution of the GENERATE processor. This is what happens, for example, with copybooks or with objects statically linked within the load module. An EXEC CICS LINK command doesn't fall into this category and will therefore not be detected by ACM.

You may want to use the CONSCAN utility to locate EXEC CICS LINK commands in the source program and create component relationships between the caller and the called programs. It is documented in the extended processors guide.

If each of these called programs uses its own, standard copybook to map the parameters it receives, the copybook will be automatically captured by ACM during compilation and will allow you to query ACM on the programs that use the copybook, which will be a result close to the programs that call the subprogram

Hope this helps

Eduard Penafiel

CA Sr. Support Engineer