Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:38 AM

Hello All,

I am new to this community.

In our site we are using Endevor Version B1700C

In Endevor Batch option menu,

BATCH ------------------------ Batch Options Menu -----------------------------

OPTION  ===>                                                                 

1  BUILD SCL - Build batch SCL actions                                    

2  EDIT      - Edit request data set                                      

3  SUBMIT    - Submit job for batch processing                            

4  VALIDATE  - Check request data set for syntax errors                   

5  BUILD JCL - Enter additional JCL to be included with the job     

After selecting option 1-BUILD SCL we get the below screen with the panel heading as “SCL GENERATION

Here, “since the term GENERATION has its own meaning and importance in ENDEVOR (deals with the element compilation action)” can the Panel heading be changed to something else which directly implies to BUILD SCL (Say, SCL Build panel / SCL BUILD / BUILD SCL PANEL).

-------------------------------  SCL GENERATION  ------------------------------

OPTION  ===>                                                                 

1  DISPLAY       - Display an element                                     

2  ADD/UPDATE    - Add or update an element into entry stage              

3  RETRIEVE      - Retrieve or copy an element                            

4  GENERATE      - Execute the Generate Processor for this element        

5  MOVE          - Move an element to the next inventory location         

6  DELETE        - Delete an element                                      

7  PRINT ELEMENT - Print elements, changes and detail change history      

8  SIGNIN        - Explicitly sign-in an element                          

9  TRANSFER      - Transfer elements between two locations                

10  PRINT MEMBER  - Print a compressed listing or member                    

11  LIST ELEMENT  - Create List actions for elements                       

12  LIST MEMBER   - Create List actions for external members               

13  ARCHIVE       - Archive elements                                       

14  VALIDATE      - Validate elements                                      

Similarly in the Package mode the panel states the same i.e. panel heading as “SCL GENERATION”.

Also once the Element actions like (MOVE, ADD/UPDATE, GENERATE, TRANSFER etc.) are built in either BATCH/PACKAGE mode after typing O, A/U, G, T options for the respective actions, the Top right message states SCL GENERATED can this message also be changed to either SCL BUILT/SCL CREATED so that it is more meaningful.

Build SCL.png

Thankyou.

• 2.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:45 AM

This is a good idea.

Can you post it in the Ideation area of this community to get it voted on?

Stuart

• 3.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted Mar 07, 2016 06:02 AM

Sure Stuart.

Thankyou

• 4.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 09:47 AM

Stuart,

How do I locate the Ideation area of this community?

• 5.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 09:56 AM

Hi,

Go to the "CONTENT" link and then the lightbulb icon takes you there.

Stuart

• 6.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 10:04 AM

What is the "CONTENT" link?

• 7.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 10:12 AM

Can you not see the CONTENT link when you are in the Endevor community?

Sort of half way across the screen.

Stuart

• 8.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 10:13 AM

• 9.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 11:07 AM

No.  I do not see it.  I see the following at the top of the screen:

• 10.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 11:08 AM

You need to go back one level to the comunities link

Stuart

• 11.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 11:13 AM

Got it.  Thanks. 

Keeping up with where the current place CA directs us to go has always been challenging.

I get working on other projects for a few years and come back to my notes on what to do to get around on the CA-site, and it all has been abandoned for some newer wizbang features in a new place that takes quite some time to find.

• 12.  Re: "SCL BUILT" instead of "SCL GENERATED"

Posted May 12, 2016 11:09 AM

The CA Endevor hyperlink

Stuart