Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  DB2 HOST option

Posted Jan 18, 2016 04:48 AM

We run DB2 and have generate processors within Endevor to perform COBOL/CICS/DB2 coprocessor events

I've been "fixing" some of the warning and informational messages produced from the COBOL compiler and have that in a good state now (eg old deprecated commands removed).

For DB2 however I have one issue that I can't understand.

Our CoPro options are:

SQL('NEWFUN(V10) HOST(IBMCOB) APOSTSQL VERSION(AUTO) DATE(ISO)') 

from this I get the warning:

IGYOS4078-W   DSNH042I DSNHOPTS  "HOST" OPTION INVALID FOR HOST LANGUAGE

Does anyone else have this option and do you get the same warning?

The manual implies without it you would see a warning - switching off the option completely removes the message however that's against our internal DBA teams advice.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPEK_10.0.0/com.ibm.db2z10.doc.apsg/src/tpc/db2z_descriptionprocessingoptions.dita

• 2.  Re: DB2 HOST option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 10:53 AM

Hi,

Yah you're right about the manual. It says that for z/OS COBOL use HOST(IBMCOB). I suspect that because you get a error message the Install Default is used.

Looking at the message code:

IBM Knowledge Center 

it even gets more odd.

DSNH042I

W csectname OPTION: option OPTION INVALID FOR HOST LANGUAGE

Explanation

The option identified in the message is not valid. The QUOTE and COMMA options are not permitted with HOST(ASM), HOST(PLI), or HOST(C). The TWOPASS option is not permitted with HOST(COBOL).

System action

The specified option is ignored.

User response

Remove the invalid option, or correct the host specification.

Severity

4 (warning)

Notice the HOST(COBOL) is used as an example. Try HOST(COBOL) maybe the manual is wrong? You may also want to find out what they used as the default at install time.

Richard