Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....

Posted Nov 23, 2015 08:16 AM

Is there a single page I can reference that tells me the current status of the various releases of Endevor? What's the drop support date for V16? Is V17 the current GA release? Is V18 in beta or just development? What about the future? Is there a published roadmap? I need to help my site plan and I could really use a map reliably updated from CA to help me do so.

• 2.  Re: Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 23, 2015 08:26 AM

Hi John,

Is this what you want CA Endevor Software Change Manager Release and Support Lifecycle Dates - CA Technologies

The Endevor product page is a good place to start when looking for things like this:-
    CA Endevor Software Change Manager - CA Technologies

Stuart

• 3.  Re: Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....

Posted Nov 23, 2015 12:06 PM

Thanks, Stuart! That's exactly what I was looking for. I thought I had looked on the Endevor product page, but obviously I missed the link!

• 4.  Re: Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:57 PM

Good news and thank you for marking this topic as answered :-)

Stuart

• 5.  Re: Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Hi John,

The Release and Support Lifecycle page that Stuart pointed you to is the best place to get GA and End of Support information.

The way V18.0 is being implemented is in Agile increments.  V18.0 base or INC00 was released Aug 28, 2015. There will a number of Incremental enhancement releases which contain new features and functionality that can be downloaded and implemented.

For example INC01 contains the  Approver Disqualification option which enhances the audit integrity of Packages by preventing Package approvers from approving their own work.

If you want to have this new feature, you would install V18.0 and download the APARs that make up INC01.

The easiest way I have found to locate the new features is to go to the Maintenance Grid on CA Support Online -

CA Endevor Software Change Manager Maintenance Grid - CA Technologies

and click on the New Features link in the PTFs Available column

The development team is working on the new features and functionality that will be included with INC02. When that is ready, it will be made available to everyone via downloaded Solutions.  Each of the increments build on the previous increments so if you want the functionality introduced in INC02, you will have to have both INC01 and INC02 installed.

Does that help explain how V18 is working with the incremental releases?

June

• 6.  Re: Where are we with releases? I'm getting confused....

Posted Nov 23, 2015 12:27 PM

Hi June!

I understood how the incremental releases were working; I was just lost in trying to find the product support information page that Stuart kindly directed me to.

I'm good!