Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Where to find Broadcom Security Advisories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2021 06:47 PM

Did you know that Broadcom has an entire site dedicated to Security Advisories? This is a convenient way for customers to stay informed about security notifications, including Common Vulnerability Scores and related patches. 

Looking for information on Apache Log4j 2? HERE is the security advisory. You will see Gen is listed under "Not-Affected Products."

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Where to find Broadcom Security Advisories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 12:28 PM

Scenario: I've signed up for security notifications. BUT, How do I know about previous security advisories?

Answer: All of Gen's security advisories come with a correlating PTF with a description of "Security Maintenance".

For example, on the Solution & Patches page for distributed platforms, press Ctrl F to search the page for any security maintenance updates. 

Kim Peelman
    Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com
    Product Owner, Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano, TX

• 3.  RE: Where to find Broadcom Security Advisories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2023 09:55 PM
    Edited by Lynn Williams Nov 09, 2023 09:59 PM
    Just to add to Kim's comments, the history of all Mainframe Software Security Advisories can be found from "Security Advisories" on your Support Portal "My Dashboard - Mainframe Software" page

The list on that page can then be filtered on the product name

N0TE: That search's results may also show non-Gen advisories. That may be because Gen is listed as under "Non-Affected Products" in those other advisories or because the string "gen" is being found within other product names.

Lynn Williams
    Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Software
    Australia