Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  New/Updated Gen KBs for January 2016

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 29, 2016 08:05 PM

Going forward I will start to publish a monthly KB list on the Gen Community for reference.

(Thanks to Hal Hallett_German for this idea from the CA APM community)

Steps to take if build tool client hangs
    Steps to review when connecting remotely to a Unix or Linux buid tool server from a build tool client and the processing hangs
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC462639

When two procedures are deployed by different ear files on an application server, we are unable to flow from one procedure to the other.
    Deploying a single application in multiple ear files is not recommended or supported. This has to do with the J2EE architecture which considers an EAR file a complete application.
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ316486

How to manage bs_xxxxxxxx files created by UNIX or Linux Gen applications
    Managing bs_xxxxxxxx files created by UNIX or Linux Gen applications, what are they and how to safely remove them.
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC464667

When both both CLICK and DOUBLE-CLICK events are coded, why does the CLICK event run before the DOUBLE-CLICK one?
    CA Gen is working as designed. Do not define both Click and Double Click events for single listbox.
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ325119

What is the purpose of the different names for the TIDDAQUx and TIRDAT2x modules?
    TIDDAQUx - Controls the internal delete/disassociate queue that is built at run time. TIRDAT2x - User exit that allows modifying the value returned from the date and time service.
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ259573

Is it possible to have two different versions of the COM Proxy runtimes on my web server at the same time?
    The short answer is probably not.
    Last Update: 1/28/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ327764

Aeenv file ID and Password Security options
    Within the aeenv file, the database information including the userid, password and database name, is ascii.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC592852

Build tool profiles and a common location for all users
    Where are the build tool profiles stored and how can we specify a common location for all users?
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC420093

How can we have Gen create a descending index so we can read our tables in descending order rather than ascending order?
    With Gen, there is no need to create a new index in order to get a descending order sort on your table.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ340799

Can multiple codepages be referenced in one transaction?
    One transaction cannot reference two codepages. It would require two transactions and a modification to the user exit.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC449564

When changing a Work Set attribute's C-precision flag, is there a Technical Design step that needs to occur in the model in order for this change to be picked up by code generation?
    Work Set attributes are temporary variables that are created when the application starts and destroyed when it's finished.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ343049

How to change the aelog.tmp messaging.
    The aelog.tmp messaging can be changed when an error message is written to this log file.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC588201

Steps to Identify Action Blocks that use Referential Integrity (RI) Triggers
    SQL is provided to accomplish this task.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC349502

What can be done to not have the browser scrollbars displayed?
    How to get rid of the browser scrollbars when the content of a web application window is larger than the viewable area of the web browser window.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: FAQ349290

How to reference multiple Cascade Libraries within UNIX and LINUX
    Multiple cascade libraries can be referenced during the build process for Gen UNIX or LINUX applications.
    Last Update: 1/27/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC448137

May maintenance for CA GEN 8.5 be applied all at once?
    You may certainly RECEIVE all of the PTFS via the GEN7RECP job in the SAMPJCL at the same time however the apply should be done is a specific sequence.
    Last Update: 1/8/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC1769291

Some Traditional Chinese (Big5) user defined/extended characters do not display correctly in Gen GUI client application i.e. are changed to a '?'
    Traditional Chinese (Big5) UDC user defined characters change to '?' in Gen GUI client application codepage.ini change mbcsLeadBytes from FC to FE.
    Last Update: 1/8/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC1688474

Build fails when a remote file for GUI client module is not put on the place specified by the LOC.CODE_SRC token
    A remote file for GUI client module should be put on the place specified by the LOC.CODE_SRC token
    Last Update: 1/5/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC1163932

The precision of the result of the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP function is different depending on the generation language
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP function precision varies with generation language
    Last Update: 1/5/2016    Size: 83 kb    Type: Knowledge Base Articles    ID: TEC1330261

• 2.  Re: New/Updated Gen KBs for January 2016

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:11 AM

Hi Lynn,

This is a great idea. The links don't work for me, is this problem specific to me, or are others able to access the details of these links?

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

• 3.  Re: New/Updated Gen KBs for January 2016

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:26 AM

Should work - I tried a smattering shortly after he posted and they worked.  Just tried first 5 on the list here as well right now with no dramas.  Slow, but no dramas.

• 4.  Re: New/Updated Gen KBs for January 2016

Posted Mar 01, 2016 04:33 AM

Ok, I had to login to the CA Support page in another tab and then the links worked ok, slowly as you say.

• 5.  Re: New/Updated Gen KBs for January 2016

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2016 07:44 PM

Thanks Guys for testing

These KBs are all searchable/accessable from the web without a Support Online login. The login requirement is probably due to me using embedded links from the Gen Product page on Support Online so next time I will try to avoid that.