Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Missing Window for Navigation Diagram

Posted Apr 29, 2014 01:07 PM

Hi,

Not an expert in CA Gen but have been given an application to maintain... 

I have a procedure with a related Navigation Diagram and Window.  Somehow that window is either off my screen or somewhere and I can't get it back to where I can see it.  I did have that happen with a couple of others and when I went to a bigger monitor, I did see it in the bottom right corner and was able to grab it.  But this one... I can't get it.

Any suggestions as to how I can grab that window?

Thanks

Michelle

CA GEN 8.0.0.0

• 2.  RE: Missing Window for Navigation Diagram
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 05:21 PM
    mck0009:

Hi,

Not an expert in CA Gen but have been given an application to maintain... 

I have a procedure with a related Navigation Diagram and Window.  Somehow that window is either off my screen or somewhere and I can't get it back to where I can see it.  I did have that happen with a couple of others and when I went to a bigger monitor, I did see it in the bottom right corner and was able to grab it.  But this one... I can't get it.

Any suggestions as to how I can grab that window?

Thanks

Michelle

CA GEN 8.0.0.0

Hi Michelle,

Some suggestions:

• If screen resolution is not already set to max open the Window (Nav Diagram menus -> Diagram ->Open Window) and see if it will be moved back into the viisble display when you set the resolutiuon to max.
    • If possible plug in a second/dual monitor to see if the Window can be located.

If you still have problems please raise a support issue, upload a copy of the model and we should be able to reset the window coordinates for you.

Hope this helps

• 3.  RE: Missing Window for Navigation Diagram

Posted May 01, 2014 04:57 PM

Hi,

I was working on a virtual machine so only one screen was possible and it was at the maximum resolution.  I checked in the model and opened it on a laptop with a second screen attached and I was able to retrieve the window way on the other side of the second screen!

Thanks!

Michelle

• 4.  RE: Missing Window for Navigation Diagram

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2014 05:24 PM

Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear that!

Can you please mark this question as being answered/resolved.

Thanks

Lynn