OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:50 PM

We have been having issues with starting CEM. The CEMETOM tomcat task is only issuing the IEF403I message and when we use that as the UP message for OPS/MVS the CEMERTR starts too soon as the tomcat server does not appear to be fully active yet. How can we get CEMETOM to notify OPS/MVS that it is up and available?

For example

the CEMERTR puts these messages into the system log for OPS/MVS:

CEM0113I CEM ROUTER - Subtask Manager initializing
    CEM0119I CEM ROUTER - Initialization Complete     

the CEMELDAP puts this message into the system log

ETLDP01I CA LDAP Server r15.1 has started

the CEMLOGGR puts these messages into the system log

CEM0301I CEM Logger Connecting to Logstream: CEM.P310.CEMELG
    CEM0324I CEM Logger ENF Exit Activated                     
    CEM0202I CEM Listener Activation Complete                  
    CEM0208I CEM Listener Communication Task Activation        
    CEM0210I CEM Listener Attaching Permanent Servers          
    CEM0213I CEM Listener Router Registration                  
    CEM0120I CEM ROUTER - Registration Complete for: LOGGER    

the CEMMON puts these messages into the system log

CEM0202I CEM Listener Activation Complete               
    CEM0208I CEM Listener Communication Task Activation     
    CEM0210I CEM Listener Attaching Permanent Servers       
    CEM0213I CEM Listener Router Registration               
    CEM0120I CEM ROUTER - Registration Complete for: MONITOR

warehouse same thing.

but for CEMETOM tomcat all we get is this:

IEF403I CEMETOM - STARTED - TIME=05.00.36

Is there a configuration parameter we can set to have it put an up message in the system log?

• 2.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 06:19 AM

Hi Eric,

You should check this message in the CEMETOM stc, then it will be fully initialized..

CATC0002 Apache Tomcat 8 started in: ****** ms

See in the CEM documentation at this url for every CEM stc initialization message :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-compliance-event-manager/6-0/en/administering/review-stc-reference-and-start-stop-order

Regards

Hennie Hermans

Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:16 AM

Hi Hennie,

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

And that is probably the root source of my question, we are not getting that message. Is there a configuration item that needs to be added or changed to have messages like that display?  Here is what we have in the jeslog:

Display  Filter  View  Print  Options  Search  Help                         
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     XXXX OUTPUT DISPLAY CEMETOM  STC22294  DSID     2 LINE NO CHARS  'CATC0002' FOU
     COMMAND INPUT ===>                                            SCROLL ===> CSR 
    ********************************* TOP OF DATA **********************************
                        J E S 2  J O B  L O G  --  S Y S T E M  XXXX  --  N O D E

05.00.36 STC22294 ---- SUNDAY,    21 JAN 2018 ----                             
    05.00.36 STC22294  IEF695I START CEMETOM  WITH JOBNAME CEMETOM  IS ASSIGNED TO U
    05.00.36 STC22294  $HASP373 CEMETOM  STARTED CEMETOM  05:00:36 01/21/18        
    05.00.36 STC22294  ACF9CCCD USERID CEMXXX   IS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB - CEMETOM  
    05.00.36 STC22294  IEF403I CEMETOM - STARTED - TIME=05.00.36                    
            1 //CEMETOM  JOB MSGLEVEL=1                                            
            2 //STARTING EXEC CEMETOM                                              
            3 XXTOMCAT PROC                                                        
              XX*************************************************************      
              XX*                                                           *      
              XX*                CA COMPLIANCE EVENT MANAGER                *      

I did a find for CATC0002 and it was not found in the output as can be seen in the SDSF screen shot above. Is this a configuration issue where we are not getting the messages into the log?

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi Eric,

Sorry, but i cannot answer your question about the missing message.. I'm a CA OPS/MVS support person, and don't know little of CEM.... I want to advise you to open a case for CEM and ask them what could be causing this missing message....

Best regards

Hennie Hermans

Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 5.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 01:22 PM

Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it. I am also OPS/MVS support here and not CEM.

• 6.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 08, 2018 06:45 AM

Perhaps CASTATE API is being generated. If not, you should request/inform CEM support that it should comply with CA standard of generating common CASTATE STARTING/UP msgs, thus making your single )API CASTATE rule the focal rule to set CA product states. Your APIACTIVE OPS/MVS parm will need to be set to ON for OPS to receive API events from CA products. For the CASTATE APIs for SSM management in OPSLOG they may appear like: State of CA xxxx is STARTING/STOPPING/UP. These will be API events (EVENT column) with a Msg id of CASTATE.

• 7.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:00 AM

CEVM ticket has been opened.  

• 8.  Re: How can OPS/MVS tell when CEMETOM is up?

Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:37 AM

Is the CATC0002 found anywhere in your log? I am wondering if maybe it is coming out just not in the tomcat task. RMF Monitor 3  is like that. The initialization messages we key off show up in the main RMF task but not in the RMF3 task.