OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  CA-OPS/MVS in a SYSPLEX

Posted Aug 05, 2016 01:38 PM

We are currently planning to move from a monoplex environment to a sysplex environment. I have recently installed 12.2 and made note of sysplex related pieces as I went but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or best practices for operating in a sysplex environment and making the transition from mono to sysplex.

• 2.  Re: CA-OPS/MVS in a SYSPLEX

Posted Aug 05, 2016 02:44 PM

Hello Travis,

This is a brief summary of what I just sent to you over the Customer Support ticket you opened.

Release 12.1 introduced two new features that utilizes SYSPLEX technologies and they are:

SYSPLEX Variables and SYSPLEXSCOPE Parameter

Under release 12.2 the new "System State Manager Global Application Version 2 (SSMGAV2)" can setup to use SYSPLEX Variables.

Good to hear you will be running multiple systems under your SYSPLEX complex. You need to run a CA OPS/MVS main region and OSF Servers (as well other tasks like USS Servers) for automation purposes on each system.

I hope the community can share with you more info but consider review this KD about your rule sets across systems:

How to create system-unique rule data sets for CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation?

Hope this helps Travis

Regards, Cesar