OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  Moving Rules from LPAR to LPAR

Posted Oct 19, 2015 05:25 PM

I was curious how others move their developed rules from LPAR to LPAR. We only have three LPAR's to deal with but there seems to be no easy way to go from one LPAR to another seamlessly. Here are the options I have open to me right now:

1. SFTP - Bring the file down to my PC and back up to the other LPAR. Please note the "S" at the beginning.

2. XMIT - I can do a TSO XMIT. I don't really do this very often so it isn't really in my wheel house but I could manage.

3. DASD - We have a limited number of shared DASD that are available to all LPAR's. This is where we keep most of our own personal code and anything that needs to be available to all LPAR's. This is currently how I am moving RULES/REXX around. I have a data set dedicated to transfer from 3 to 2 and one for 2 to 1 (mostly for book keeping). I log on to 3 and copy it from my rule set or REXX library into my data set to go from 3 to 2. Then I log onto SYS2 and copy it from the transfer data set to the appropriate rule set or REXX library.It isn't hard, just tedious. I'd like to find a more automated way of moving things around.

*NOTE: We are also NOT in a SYSPLEX.

• 2.  Re: Moving Rules from LPAR to LPAR

Posted Oct 23, 2015 05:33 AM

You could do ((BDT)XMIT in batch job(s)

(also needs NJE to all destinations from source)

Marcel van Ek

Atos

• 3.  Re: Moving Rules from LPAR to LPAR

Posted Nov 04, 2015 03:41 PM

A colleague of mine mentioned something regarding a RECEIVE MODE for CA-OPS. He said he had used it at another shop years ago so this may not be available but I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it as well?

• 4.  Re: Moving Rules from LPAR to LPAR

Posted Nov 09, 2015 12:48 PM

This is really just a file transfer question that isn't specific to moving Rules that are just PDS members.  We use the CyberFusion Integration Suite to do our transfers, but with only three LPARs to maintain this would be overkill.  How about direct LPAR to LPAR FTP using standard z/OS FTP?  I would certainly ask any other staff at your site how they would copy a PDS member from system to system, this may have already been solved by others.

• 5.  Re: Moving Rules from LPAR to LPAR

Posted Nov 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Regular FTP access has been totally removed for us. Even between LPAR's. We are restricted to SFTP which can be a headache and a half here. Otherwise, I would say this would work nicely.