OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPS/MVS Equivalent to Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword

Posted Aug 09, 2016 01:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of converting my old Automate/MVS rules to OPS/MVS. Does anyone know if there is an OPS/MVS equivalent to the old Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword?

Thanks!

Aaron

• 2.  Re: OPS/MVS Equivalent to Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2016 02:38 PM

Hi Aaron, If you are talking about message throttling then look at the OPSTHRSH() function. This is available starting in 12.2 and its functionality was expanded in 12.3.

• 3.  Re: OPS/MVS Equivalent to Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword

Posted Aug 16, 2016 03:22 PM

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for my delay in responding. I want to thank you for directing me to the OPSTHRSH() function. It appears that I should be able to use this for what I want to use it for. I'm not using it to throttle a message but to control how many times within a set time limit a display command will be entered.

Thanks again!

Aaron Davidson

• 4.  Re: OPS/MVS Equivalent to Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword

Posted Aug 16, 2016 03:57 PM

I am not familiar with the Automate/MVS EVERY() keyword... so not sure if this will help

May want to look at TOD rules if you are not using Thresholds.  These have a lot of flexibility. You can schedule to run X times for a certain period of times.  You can probably get creative and use Dynamic TODs, if you are not spanning bounces of OPS/MVS. Write a rexx routine that simulates an EVERY(x) function that builds a Dynamic TOD rule.  Maybe something like this:  EVERY xseconds fromtime totime command or  EVERY xseconds forYtimes command

Sal