OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:02 PM

Ok, I am trying to determine what the various lines of the message response to a command are. I am looking at the OPSFLAGS and I see a 2C08 and a 2A08. Now from previous experience I know that the 2 means it is a multiline message and the 8 means it comes from an authorized task but I can't seem to find a meaning for the C or the A. Is there something undocumented about these lines?

F GSSA,D A is the command I issued and am looking at the response.

• 2.  Re: OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:25 PM

Hello,

In the OPSLOG if you hit enter over the message it will bring up a pop-up window that displays the message attributes.  If you find the OPSF listing, it will have a point and shoot field.  Hitting enter on the field will decode the meaning of those bits at the very bottom of the pop-up.  Depending on how large your screen is you might have to page down to see the information.

• 3.  Re: OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?

Posted Mar 30, 2016 02:46 PM

Thanks for that tidbit. That helps A LOT. In fact I think I see what they are doing now. The message with 2C08 is a Label Line AND a Data Line thus it would normally have a 0800 and a 0400 for OPSFLAGS. 8 + 4 =12 and C is HEX for 12, thus they put in a C. Likewise, the line that is 2A08 is a Label Line and an End Line and would normally have a 0800 and 0200 for OPSFLAGS. Again, 8 + 2 =10 and A is HEX for 10, thus you get an A in there. If this is not how it happens feel free to correct me as this is only my theory.

• 4.  Re: OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?

Posted Apr 01, 2016 08:25 AM

Are you just attempting to understand these flags, or are you having an issue with collecting this GSSA command output?

• 5.  Re: OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?

Posted Apr 01, 2016 09:38 AM

A little of both actually. I was attempting to collect the command response but wanted to make sure the collection knew when to stop, thus I wanted to look at the flags to see if it had an endln. That was when I discovered the C and the A and realized they weren't strictly defined in the manual. That is what prompted the question. I still do have a an issue with the command response that is collected. The one field that is shown in the log is the ID field which is needed for the F GSSA,CANCEL command. When I pull the external data queue, I get the line minus the ID field. It just doesn't show up. I am not sure why this is but as it turns out I may not need to worry about collecting the command response after all. Still, it is a little bit odd.

• 6.  Re: OPSFLAG 2C08, What does it mean?

Posted Apr 01, 2016 10:34 AM

OK...We can issue same F GSSA,D A command here and do get the ID output field (first field in display) returned back to the EDQ or set in stemmed variables if using CMDRESP(REXX). If you want to pursue further, please open up an issue and forward OPSLOG so we can upload and compare . Also include your OPS/REXX pgm. Thanks.