OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  New OPSLOG dataset activation stuck in PendAct status

Posted Sep 23, 2016 10:13 AM

I am trying to dynamically allocate a new OPSLOG the process is stuck in PendAct status dataset is allocated ok.

How can I cancel this request? Or Does anyone have a possible cause for this. We will be IPLing this weekend and OPSMVS will get recycled (Will this status get reset on OPSMVS restart?) 

• 2.  Re: New OPSLOG dataset activation stuck in PendAct status
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Hello Dev,

Any OPSLOG DIV VSAM file you define and activate dynamically using the OPSVIEW 4.13 "OPSLOG Definitions" screen will be gone after your restart your OPSMAIN task. The only way to keep the definition permanent will be setup  your OPSSPAxx to define and activate at product startup the OPSLOG DIV VSAM file in question.

For the behavior your are describing PendAct is a temporary status that each OPSLOG DIV VSAM file you define and activate dynamically goes thru. Did you exit the 4.13 panel (using the PF3 key function) and selected option 13 again to see if the status changed to Active? If not then describe the commands and field contents you use when doing the dynamic definition Dev.

If you want to take this to a Customer Support ticket then feel free to do so today. Share with us how is this affecting or impacting your company's business? Were you expecting to set live this OPSLOG today? In which environment (sandbox, test, dev, prod) is this happening?

Regards, Cesar

• 3.  Re: New OPSLOG dataset activation stuck in PendAct status

Posted Sep 23, 2016 12:45 PM

Hi Cesar

Thanks for your response – I have tried Coming out and going back into option 4.13 and logs still show PendAct.

I will wait until after the weekend to see if my issue has been resolved.

I need to replace the current live OPSLOG dataset which I was trying to do dynamically but now will do when OPSMVS is down.

Thanks again

Kind Regards

Dev Bharaj

Enterprise Management Consultant

<http://esims.co.uk/> eSIMS Ltd - Enterprise Security Information Management Services

Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Access Systems, Fire Systems, PC, Servers, Networks, Wireless Networks, Computers, Audio, Video, TV, Hi-Fi, Home Cinema entertainment Installation, setup and integration.

Please contact for no obligation free consultation.

Office UK:      +44 208 274 0558

Mobile UK:     +44 7810 641548

E/Mail:            <mailto:mail@eSIMS.co.uk> mail@eSIMS.co.uk

www:              <http://www.esims.co.uk/> www.eSIMS.co.uk

• 4.  Re: New OPSLOG dataset activation stuck in PendAct status

Posted Sep 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Hello Dev,

No problem anytime.

What release of CA OPS/MVS are you using at this time?

Also what size in cylinders, for primary space, did you allocate for the brand new OPSLOG DIV VSAM file?

I would like to give it a try in our labs today if you still interested.

If you are ok replacing it over the weekend's IPL then simply disregard these last questions

Cesar