LDAP

View Only

need steps to add password policy for CA Directory r14.1 version

• 1.  need steps to add password policy for CA Directory r14.1 version

Posted Sep 13, 2020 03:28 AM
    Hi,

I am using CA Directory version 14.1 and want to create password policy.  I am following below documentation for password policy configuration, but the password policy is not working. Could you please provide the simple steps to create and configure password policy.

Below are steps links I am following.

Step.1 : I create a file pwdpolicy.dxc in C:\Program Files\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\settings location.
    ---------------------------
    pwdpolicy.dxc file content as below
    --------------------
    #file content start#

set password-policy = true;
    set password-min-length = 8;
    set password-numeric = 1;
    set password-force-change = true;
    set password-last-use = 60;
    set password-force-change = true;

#file content Ends#
    ----------------------------

then I add below line in my dsa file UserStore.dxi in C:\Program Files\CA\Directory\dxserver\config\servers location
    ---------------------------

#password policy
    set target-password-policy = "../settings/nicuserpwd.dxc";

Create a Password Policy
    Broadcom remove preview
    Create a Password Policy
    After you have planned your password policy, you need to configure the appropriate settings. Each policy rule is actually a command that you should include in a .dxc file in the DXHOME/config/settings folder. You can create rules to enforce the following: This section discusses the following topics:
    View this on Broadcom >

Create Multiple Password Policies for Each DSA

Broadcom remove preview
    Create Multiple Password Policies for Each DSA
    In versions before Directory r12 SP12, each DSA could have only a single set of password rules. You could not apply different password policies to users stored within the same DSA. From Directory r12 SP12 onwards, you can apply multiple password policies to each DSA.
    View this on Broadcom >

Kindly provide me the steps and let me know if I am missing any configuration or need to correct anything.

Thanks
    Samarendra Routray
     ​