XCOM Data Transport

View Only
  • 1.  XCOMINIT

Posted Mar 14, 2014 08:27 AM

Did you know? With XCOM for z/OS 11.6 there is a new JES-file being introduced as additional file in the Job Output of every XCOM transfer Job and for the XCOM Server. It is named XCOMINIT and lists all parameters from the Configuration member and from the PARM-Field of the EXEC-Statement. Parameters of the SYSIN Statement are listed in the XCOMLOG. If your Job has multiple EXEC-Statements there is a XCOMINIT file for every EXEC-Step of the Job.

• 2.  RE: XCOMINIT

Posted Mar 14, 2014 08:39 AM

Great tip Alexander.   For our XCOM customers it sounds like the XCOMINIT is a good addition to logs and other documentation they can send in for review with an issue.

To our XCOM customers, have you found the XCOMINIT useful and if so in what way?

Kind regards,

Helen Biederbeck

Support Delivery Manager

• 3.  Re: XCOMINIT

Posted Jun 10, 2015 02:13 AM

Hi Helen and Alexander,

I noticed this new feature when I was migrating to 11.6, and found it quite useful during that migration. Our customers do not modify their CONFIG files or their JCLs, so there are no longer situations when I need to look at XCOMINIT to resolve problems. But I imagine that if a new requirement will arrise where a CONFIG change will need to be modified, I will take advantage of this new feature while deploying a solution to the requirement.

Regards,

Yohai Ben Ami

UMTB Israel

• 4.  Additional tip for XCOMINIT

Posted Mar 14, 2014 10:21 AM
    If you want to remove the XCOMINIT from the JES2-Joboutput you can do it by specifying this DD-card:

//XCOMINIT  DD   DUMMY

But this is not recommended as the list of parameters can help in debugging if a XCOM transfer fails for whatever reason.

• 5.  Re: Additional tip for XCOMINIT

Posted May 13, 2015 07:03 AM

Good stuff folks... I have an unusual situation where the XCOMINIT sysout is being treated as a separate transmit job and is listed as a "partial" transmit for the same job name, but with a different job number. I have a ticket open to see how the dataset is allocated and to see how I can change/designate the sysout class.