Automation Point

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Automation Point Discussion: How do you automate backup of your AP configuration data to DR?

• 1.  CA Automation Point Discussion: How do you automate backup of your AP configuration data to DR?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2015 09:56 AM

I'd like to start a conversation with the CA Automation Point community about how you approach automation of backing up your AP config data to a Disaster Recovery system.

CA Automation Point has a program for automating backing up of configuration files, namely, expimpcfg.exe in AP r11.5 and r11.4, which is fully documented here: Export and Import Operations - CA Automation Point - 11.5 - CA Wiki. This program can be executed in a time rule when AP is running with Windows administrator rights, for example, or it can be called in a REXX program.

I'm curious about how the community automates the part of the backup process in terms of copying the backed up files to your DR system? Please share your experience in the comments below :-)

• 2.  Re: CA Automation Point Discussion: How do you automate backup of your AP configuration data to DR?

Posted Jun 02, 2015 09:10 AM

Thanks for asking the question.  I run this command every day on my production servers, and with a Windows service account, I can use dos commands to send the files to my DR server.  I am wondering if anyone has a different way to handle DR (production server totally unavailable, and you have to bring up Automation Point on the DR server looking just like it did on the production server).