Broadcom Mainframe Software Community Blog

View Only
We are thrilled to announce another enhancement to our RC/Query that brings a new level of flexibility and efficiency to users— the ability to generate HDDL for multiple objects. Traditionally, RC/Query limited HDDL operations to a single object at a time, posing constraints on users when dealing with multiple objects of a similar type. The intricate nature of object creation made it challenging to produce HDDL outputs for multiple objects. However, with our latest update, we have successfully overcome this limitation, empowering users to perform HDDL on more than one object of similar type seamlessly in both Online and Batch regions. This additional functionality ...
0 comments
Hello Community! I would like to briefly take an opportunity to introduce myself to the broader Broadcom Mainframe community. My name is Michael Daubman and I’ve just joined the Broadcom facility at the very end of 2020. I’ve joined the team a senior manager of Product Management in the Mainframe division. The team I’m a part of includes product owners for a variety of core mainframe products including CA1, CA7, IDMS, Datacom, CA GEN, Easytrieve, MICS, XCOM and number of other products that enterprises large and small rely on. With 2021 well underway, I wanted to take a moment to talk through some of the goals and themes we’re embracing as a ...
1 comment
Featuring: @Philip Gineo , senior systems engineer and president of the Endevor Users of New England In this episode of RE:Frame we hear about what’s new in the world of Mainframe DevOps, and how Phil is not only maintaining his own environments but also helping others in the mainframe community to navigate the latest development technologies and techniques. What is Mainframe DevOps, and how does Endevor support it? How is the community coming together to support it? What kind of person puts their hand up to be a user group president? How different is this new generation of mainframe developers, and what can we learn from them? How ...
0 comments
Featuring: Dave Helsley: Distinguished Software Engineer at Broadcom In this episode of RE:Frame we hear about how Machine Learning is changing the way we manage mainframes, including: What is zCX and how exciting is it? https://www.ibm.com/support/z-content-solutions/container-extensions/ What is ‘machine exhaust’? What can we learn from harvesting SMF data? What is ‘machine learning’ and what is today’s reality (vs. fiction)? How does it happen in a mainframe environment? Where are we at in this journey - are we ready for it? What kind of skills are needed to make it happen? https://patents.google.com/?inventor=David+Helsley ...
0 comments
Show Notes for Episode 1: The People Factor Featuring: George DeCandio, Mainframe CTO and Distinguished Engineer, Broadcom. And on this episode of RE:Frame we talk about people – the kind of people we’re seeing choosing a career in the mainframe, and what they’re doing. Who is being brought into Broadcom’s ASE program? Meet Michelle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uSG3oi4Dz0 What does it take to become a Distinguished Engineer, and what career options does it provide? How are new development environments and innovations changing the ways we work on the mainframe? What role does open source software and tools like ...
1 comment
By attending one of our product roadmap webcasts, you can get a clear view of what’s coming down the road for the CA product(s) you use every day, including details on upcoming product functionality, features, and architectural enhancements. Our 2020 schedule has now been released. You can view it here: https://learn.broadcom.com/broadcom-mainframe-product-roadmap-series I will also be adding the second half of the year sessions in each of the appropriate product communities in the coming weeks. NOTE: Roadmap session registrations are open to customers only. If you do not receive a registration confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your ...
0 comments
Show Notes for Episode 0: The Podcast We Do Without Doing A Podcast In this special pre-release episode, we discuss what RE:Frame is all about, why we need it, and what we’re going to do with the podcast, including: What it means to talk about the now and the next of the mainframe A little about co-hosts Lenn and Dave A little more about who we’re hoping to talk to And some of the topics we plan to cover. Be sure to subscribe and review via your podcaster of choice, and follow @REFramePodcast on Twitter to contribute to the discussion. Listen to RE:Frame Episode 0 Now
3 comments
Are you looking for education about your CA Mainframe Software products? You can always find our Mainframe Education Course Catalog here.
0 comments
Did you miss the latest product roadmap session for the CA Mainframe Software products you are interested in? Or do you want to watch part or all of them again? The links to all of the most recent replays are now available here. Note: Because our product roadmap webcasts are only available to customers, the above link requires a valid support login.
0 comments