Expand all | Collapse all

Can't purchase SEP?

MIXIT

MIXITJan 21, 2020 11:01 AM

MC1990

MC1990Feb 10, 2020 06:01 PM

• 1.  Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 11:10 AM

Hi all.  Has anyone been able to order SEP any time in the past month?  As a Symantec partner, I do my SEP ordering at Ingram.  Ingram is unprepared for this Broadcom merger and they're falling apart over there.  I have been nearly a month trying to place some orders for new customers.  These customers have purchased new computers as part of the Win 7 situation, and we're having to deploy them WITHOUT ANY ENDPOINT SECURITY.   To say this situation is riduclous is an udnerstatement.  

When I do get a reply from Ingram, it was at first to say things like they are in training for the new procedures and have reduced staff etc. while adapting to tthe Broadcom stuff.  So I let it go a bit what with the holidays and all.  Inquiring further a couple weeks later, now I'm told they're prioritizing renewals it seems at least to the end of January, so basically will not get my orders in anytime soon, and really in my mind who knows if Feb 1 we'll just be told sorry we're backed up for a nother month. 

What I find odd is that SEP will keep on functioning just fine whether you're license is current or not, at least for 30 days or more.  So why not let existing customers continue as-is and fix up their licensing renewals later, and prioritize taking on new customers who, unless they're loyal Symantec people like me, will end up moving elsewhere.   

So again I have business clients that are running computers without any form of endpoint security.  Am I the only Symantec partner finding this situation utterly idiotic?  . 

Also is there a Symantec parnter group on here?  The PartnerNet doens't seem very active.  

Thanks!  

• 2.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:14 PM

I am a customer and am facing a similar issue with our renewals through a third-party vendor.

• 3.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:44 PM

I work for InteliSecure and we are a Symantec/Broadcom Platinum partner.  We have been able to assist our clients with renewals by tracking down the Symantec/Broadcom rep.  Let me know if I can help.

• 4.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:12 PM
    Hi MIXIT, New portal to load order will hopefully open very soon like a renewal business. We appreciate your patience in advance because our team is continuously in followup with Broadcom to address this ASAP. Thanks

• 5.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:17 PM

The grape vine says Broadcom had no idea of the size iof the elephant they had to eat and it has overwhelmed them. Try using Arrow.

• 6.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 04:38 PM

igual yo no he podido renovar y vender a nuevos clientes Sr de Symantec les digo como parthner exitoso de Microsoft, Acronis que ustedes perderan clientes y ventas y es algo mediocre que suceda por mal gestion en los proceso copiense de microsoft, acronis que tiene exito en ventas porque si ayudan a sus parthner...

Likewise, I have not been able to renew and sell to new clients Mr de Symantec I tell you as a successful part of Microsoft, Acronis that you lose customers and sales and it is something mediocre that happens due to bad management in the Microsoft copy process, acronis that is successful in sales because if they help their parthner ...

• 7.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 07:36 PM

I've had the same issue with TechData and Ingram. Ingram just sent me an e-mail suggesting i switch to a different brand produce, coincidence?

It's very disappointing....

• 8.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 11, 2020 01:51 AM

Actually I am working in Ingram Turkey, we had similar issues with our customers, they suffered a lot from this transition. But  I see that my colleagues can get all the new customer purchases and existing customer renewals from 23.12.2019 and they provided all the licenses to the customers. Maybe this is specific to your country. But overall it was so painful transition, we had many problems with Partners and Customers, unfortunately.

• 9.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 14, 2020 07:29 PM

Just a thought - If the deployment was not overly complex, you could use a SEP trial which gives you 60 days.  It might get you out of a hole while the order is being processed. 

SEP Trial

There are delays at the moment with new orders.  Some orders are filtering through on Broadcom/Symantec's new eStore system, although larger orders are getting priority.

Remember, any renewals of SEP and other solutions have been extended to the end of January.  In the case of SEP, the customer must reactivate the licence on the SEP console using a new SLF file or the Serial Number.

Hope this helps.

• 10.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 01:46 AM

"any renewals of SEP and other solutions have been extended to the end of January"

But still we don't have a channel where to order licenses. From where we can purchase licenses in Northern Europe?

• 11.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 03:09 AM

Hi Rami,

As an Irish distributor, we are working with our contact in the Symantec Dublin office to process both new business and renewals for our partners.

We are sending Symantec quote information to get the details on their system for processing.  Although the process is slow, we are getting orders processed. 

If you need any help or direction, feel free to get in touch via private message or email.

Ciaran

• 12.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 08:53 AM

If you already have a licenses entered and it's expired, this will not affect SEP functionality or disrupt the SEPM manager or clients. All functions will proceed as normal and you will only get a message on the SEPM that the license is expired. 

Were just going to need to be patient with Broadcom as they figure this out and fullfill the backlog of order's coming. I'm sure there wont be any audit or action taken against users with an expired license. Just get your order in for the renewal and they will get to you. No need to discontinue use of a great product only because they are going through a difficult transition period. 

• 13.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 01:20 PM

In Belgium (Symantec distibutor Exclusive Networks) we have the possibility to create offers and orders for Symantec Products.

We had a time a problem that we couldn't order anything, but today, everything is possible as before.

Any question, let me know.

Thierry

• 14.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 02:39 PM

Me pueden indicar como hago pedido de SEP como parthner directamente a Symantec sin tener que comprar a otro distribuidor o parthner que colocara ganacia sobre el precio del producto para parthner con descuentos exclusivos.

Can you tell me how I order SEP as a parthner directly from Symantec without having to buy from another distributor or parthner who placed a profit on the price of the product for parthner with exclusive discounts.

• 15.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 05:37 PM

We are faced with the same renewal and purchase issue here since Nov 2019. How can this be happening with a large organization like this. Close to 3 months of waiting both Parterns and Clients still have no CLEAR message what will happen next. It's as good as someone promise you that he will marry you but just don't know when :( Come on man.

• 16.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 15, 2020 05:39 PM

Thierry, send me your contact firect concierge@ictrc.com.my. Can't hang on further as client started to drop the order to other brands

• 17.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 06:50 PM

Regaurding renewal sales, the emails have updated to the broadcom domain. 

Please try sending a request to: renewals.sales@broadcom.com

There is also an FAQ located here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2

• 18.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 16, 2020 02:56 AM

Hi Mixit,

I believe you should be able to purchase at the end of this month. They have been using the transition to get all the systems in place, and while doing so they have not been able to accept purchases and give out trials of software.

Thanks

• 19.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 16, 2020 06:55 AM

Gibt es irgendeine Möglichkeit Endpoint Protection weiterhin zu nutzen ?

Bei meinen Kunden sind einige Lizenzen schon im November abgelaufen und

mir ist es nicht gelungen in mein Lizenzportal zu gelangen um .slf Dateien abzurufen.

Danke für eine Antwort auf deutsch.

• 20.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 11:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  

• 21.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 11:04 AM

I clicked that link to head to the Broadcom partner portal and entered what I thought were my Symantec credentials but it won't take them.  Is this expected?  I mean should I register a new account, and if so, how does that link to my Symantec one?  

• 22.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 11:10 AM

Yeah they've totally failed to execute on this acequisition.  I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around, but bottom line is I'm a Symatnc partner and haven't received a single piece of information about what's going on, other than the typical useless "Hi I'm the new CEO, I'm so excited about this aquisition and the bright future ahead" type stuff.  Talk about disconnected leadership.  

Well, all frustrations aside, speaking objectively, this was a complete failure.  Whether Broadcom or Symantec or both are at fault, so be it, I hold no blame for the hard working people of either company, but I do hold their leadership accountable as that's where the failure is.  Now with any failure, one has to pick up, dust off, and fix the problem.  But so far they have not even bothered to acknowledge the problem, as I have received no updates, no emails, no phone calls, nothing, related to wtf they are doing to fix this problem.  

Anyway, one could ramble forever on this topic but let's just say I hope they learn a lesson and smarten up.  

• 23.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 12:22 PM

Hi MIXIT,

You will need to register separately on the Broadcom Partner Portal (https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/). 

Use the same email address as you use for logging into PartnerNet.

Your Symantec distributor or partner should be able to provide you with the registration guide information including your conpany reference ID.

This login will associate with your Symantec PartnerNet which is accessible via the new Broadcom/Symantec partner portal

Ciaran

• 24.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 22, 2020 03:07 AM

It is interesting to read these comments. As a Symantec partner we have received next to no information at all. No one is left in the company to handle the rest of the customers or maintain partner contact. 

We have tried to get quotes and prices on Symantec products since october 2019. What we have heard so far:

* No one knows what prices that are valid now - or if a new price list will be created. Or is already created with new SKUs.  

* Broadcom told us that "big orders will be prioritized". No one could say what kind of orders that are big enough. When asking that question: OOO-replies. 

* Disties like Arrow told us that the european distribution center is closed by Broadcom and will move to the US. "Will be operational in 6 - 8 weeks". No information if it THEN is possible to get quotes and order products. I would guess Broadcom has a looong queue of pending requests and shipments. We will end up somewhere in this queue. It is interesting to know more about this. 

It seems like Broadcom have no plans or clues about how to handle Symantec - or they have - but are failing to communicate. Partners and long standing customers are suffering heavily. It is embarrasing to stand in front of some of the largest companys in the country telling them that it is impossible to buy products from Symantec, which they have planned for in years and are finally ready to buy. I have worked 15 years in this business and never seen an aquisition end up like this.

I hope Broadcom acts now before the customers and key technical personel leaves the company for competition.

Best regards

Jon-Finngard Moe

• 25.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Reading this is very disheartening.  Clearly Broadcom is not prepared for the transition.  Sure, promise that we'll be able to renew  our maintenance agreements in hopes that we will wait.  

I, for one, am not going to wait for Broadcom to get their act together with Symantec sales.  I have been a loyal Symantec customer for over a decade but I also know there are just as good, if not better solutions for antivirus and malware protection for Enterprise customers. 

You sales people can talk all you want to about the benefits of SEP and that you'll help me find a reseller, but when a company as large as Symantec gets bought out, quality suffers, and ultimately, so does its customer base. 

I will continue using the product in the interem until I can implement a replacement, but I'm not willing to risk the security of my organizaiton on the hopes that everything will work out in the end.

• 26.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 22, 2020 02:05 PM

Jon-Finngard Moe, since you're paying attention to the deatils, do you know if Broadcom's decision to sell "all or part" of this Symantec enterprise business to Accnedutre, is in fact, all, or part, of that business?  The one SC Mag article I read on this didn't do a great job of clarifying, they made it appear that it's just the CSS part, yet later in the same article they talk about "flipping the $11B acquisition over to Accenture" or something like that . 

I deal exclusively with small business now, typically very small, but i still sell SEP to many of them, so I actually have no experience with what CSS is other than it's "data center" stuff, which I don't deal with now.  

• 27.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Jan 27, 2020 01:37 PM

Hi everyone.
    Interesting all comments.

We have been a Symantec partner for more than 10 years, and we have spent several acquisitions, but this transition is horror.
    We have been waiting for months for customers to process orders for renewal.
    We have been faithful and we have increased the installed base of endpoints protected by Symantec for this time, but we cannot continue waiting for Broadcom to decide to sell us licenses.
    We cover the SMB market, from companies with 2 computers to more than 1000 jobs. For Broadcom, this range of customers is not important. Therefore, we are seriously thinking of stop marketing Symantec and start developing another security brand. Our Symantec client base is more than 5000 hosts.

I hope it can be solved shortly (which I don't think).

• 28.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 05, 2020 05:51 AM

I have been struggling with this issue since mid December and have not found a solution. None of my Symantec orders have been processed and half of my licenses expired and my services were disabled and endpoint agents were remotely uninstalled until my deployments fell within my remaining subscription seats.

My tickets requesting assistance from Symantec support were simply closed with action other than to contact my resellers.

I have purchased renewals through CDW and SoftwareMedia, but neither vendor could fulfill orders. CDW recommended that I switch to CrowdStrike Endpoint Protection at 10 x the cost I was paying for SEP SBA. I spent hundreds of hours deploying CrowdStrike only to find out it had no anti-virus or network protection capabilities. It seems to be only a remediation and user monitoring tool, which is of no use for us, since most of our systems are webservers and have no logged in users to monitor. Tens of thousands of dollars wasted.

Through Broadcom's CA product team I was able to link up with Broadcom/Symantec's Director of renewals: 

Alan Maxwell
    Director – Renewals Sales  |  Symantec Enterprise Division
    Broadcom
    mobile: +353868133266
    alan.maxwell@broadcom.com   |   broadcom.com

He informed us that Broadcom was making changes in its distributor network. Here is a discussion of the issue:

https://www.crn.com/news/channel-programs/300084812/symantec-shakes-up-north-american-distribution-tech-data-out-from-symantec-enterprise-arrow-cut-from-blue-coat.htm

I still have not found any way to purchase renewals. I am looking for 100 seats of SEP SBA and would appreciate any links to a place to make these purchases, preferably in North America.

Thank you. 

Myron Cramer

• 29.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 07, 2020 12:35 PM

Any eta on when Broadcom may get things sorted out? Any employees on here? We go through CDW and they can't get much info. Part of their latest response from Symantec/Broadcom is -  "It’s a tricky spot because this isn’t considered a core account so it doesn’t have a rep tied to it. "  So I guess they are only concerned with their bigger customers right now. This is crazy because our licenses have been expired since Sept/Oct 2019 and we can't get any reasonable help. 

• 30.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 10, 2020 03:46 AM

Guys.  It's game over here!  Move on.  I've wasted my time and that of my numerous resellers with the hopes that Symantec will take our money and provide licensing.  This acquisition will go down in the tech history books as the biggest fail of this decade.   Adios and good luck to those that stick around, i hope you earn a merit badge.

• 31.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 10, 2020 06:53 AM

We have had orders since November 2019 and the same situation here.   Ingram has done a poor communication but Im not really blaming them.   We have TechData and other cloud vendors who supply us as well and the same situation has occoured.   This is a Broadcom issue from start to finish and we had to move to the Symantec Cloud  SEP Cloud.   That is your only option and a little different although you can purchase licenses easier you have to wrap your head around how group policy's work or it wont deploy.   I feel your pain.

• 32.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 10, 2020 01:53 PM

Tech Data has been sending out quotes and processing orders fine.

• 33.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 10, 2020 06:01 PM

edit

• 34.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 10, 2020 07:29 PM

I have orders over a month old from TechData... they are NOT processing order fine.

• 35.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 11, 2020 10:01 AM

So, I see we are not the only ones here, that can't get licensing from Symantec on this, we use CDW for order.  We've needed 200+ new licenses, and that order was placed October 2, 2019....Still nothing.  I'm more surprised that when I called Symantec, they informed me that I needed a different reseller, but from what I see here, that isn't the issue.  Really wish someone at Symantec would take this issue seriously and help.

• 36.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 11, 2020 11:00 AM

Hi Dangre,

The type of licenses needed... are they SBE 2013 or SEP C by chance? 

• 37.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 11, 2020 11:10 AM

Matt,

I know it's not the SBE version, but the Symantec part number is: SEP-NEW-S-100-250-1Y

Assuming with the S in the part number, it's not.

• 38.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 11, 2020 04:33 PM

If anyone in Australia or New Zealand is having any issues with their symantec renewals or products please contact me we can sort it out for you 

www.infotrust.com.au 

• 39.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 04:56 AM

Im in the UK looking for 32 licenses for SEP Small Business Editon cloud - are we able to buy licenses from any country?

• 40.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2020 01:54 PM

Hello Symantec Partners,

We recognize the integration with Broadcom has been challenging for many of you. The migration over to Broadcom systems was more difficult than we anticipated and is taking more time to complete than originally planned but we are working to accelerate the process.

A very important communication went out to all of our partners today with information and tools that will help you.  If you did not receive this communication, please find it at our partner portal: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2 under "Announcements".  Please take the time to review this document as it will help you with many issues you may be experiencing and also has some very valuable information on moving forward.

One of the key points to know is that we have set up a Partner Help Desk to try and get you answers more quickly. Please email partners@broadcompartnerhelpdesk.com with any questions and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.  We hope this will expedite answering your questions.

The Symantec Enterprise Division is committed to our partner community, and will be communicating more regularly going forward as we work with you to help service and support our mutual customers.

Thank You!

Amy

• 41.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:26 PM

What are your TD orders? From what I seen everyone's order is processing fine. The problem is Broadcom "lost" some of the old serial number so they wont load a renewal. When this happens it is best to do the net new right since Broacom said we can lower the price to a price of a renewal.

• 42.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:32 PM

What are your TD order numbers? Why don’t you call the Symantec team? You can reach them via phone at (800) 237-8931 ext. 5540102.  The problem with renewals right now is that they "lost" some serial numbers that needed to be renewed. When this happens, it is best to go to the net new route. Since Broadcom said they will lower the price to what it should have been if it was a renewal!

• 43.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 13, 2020 01:09 PM

I am looking for anyone who can sell me 200 seats of Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition. None of the resllers I have made these purchases with have been able to fill these orders and have not been able to get a solution to the distribution issues.

I am estimating that this issue has already cost Broadcom/Symantec over $ 2 Billion of lost revenue.

Maybe they will bring back the Symantec store. That always worked well.

• 44.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 02:16 PM

Our reseller is also 'out of stock' here in Canada for all Symantec Endpoint products. As a result, if we can't easily purchase licenses by expiry, we will have to move to another solution. Not something we really want to do, but we also can't leave ourselves unsupported or with products that no longer function at 100%.

I'm watching closely but have already started on a plan if licenses aren't available when needed, even if they are going to be almost 10x more expensive this fiscal.

• 45.  RE: Can't purchase SEP?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 04:45 PM

I'm a Symantec reseller in Canada (Ontario), and recently (yesterday perhaps) got an email notice from Broadcom confirming that existing licensing will be extended so there wont' be expiry situations for customers waiting on renewal.  I hope that works out as planned but that's the official statement.  I'm glad to see ownership finally being taken as the email also apologizes for the lack of communication to Symantec partners.  

That said, you can still order SEP Cloud products anytime, new licensing as well.  I have a distributor account with Pax8 for SEPC and I've made orders with no issues.  Your reseller can get set up with them too.  If they're also in Ontario I can put them in touch with the regional rep.  

However if you have need for SEP, the enterprise product, I haven't emailed my distributor for that in a bit now so am not sureof the latest status.  I'm about to do so though.  Pax8 does not currently handle SEP, just SEPC, SEP SBE, and other such as the email security portfolio.