Endpoint SWAT: Protect the Endpoint Community

View Only
  • 1.  Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)

Posted Apr 24, 2014 11:52 AM

Here's my scenario:

Limited admin on the SEPM.

I created a test group and unchecked inheritance. From the Clients page >> Policies tab, I select Add a policy under Location-specific Policies and Settings. I select which policy I need to add and tick the radio button for Create a new policy and select Next

The policy window comes up for me to configure as needed. I notice this is considered a non-shared policy now. That's fine.

However, it seems non-shared policies don't show up on the Policies page. I can only edit from from within the location specific policies and settings section. I also don't see a way to delete the policy if I wish.

I guess my question is, is there a way to see all non-shared policies from the SEPM besides checking each group? I've never paid much attention to this before but curious if I'm just missing something.

• 2.  RE: Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)

Posted Apr 24, 2014 11:57 AM

thats available only in the clients page

You typically add any policy that groups and locations share in the Policies page on the Policies tab. However, you add any policy that is not shared between groups and that applies only to a specific location in the Clients page. If you decide to add a policy in the Clients page, you can add a new policy by using any of the following methods:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO55183

• 3.  RE: Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Have you had a look-see at the Report below?

Report Type: Audit
    Select a Report: Policies Used

Only problem is, it won't link you (drill down) through crying

• 4.  RE: Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)

Posted Apr 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Oh yeah, obviously requires that the Limited Admin has the report rights; otherwise, it's rummaging through each accessible group for you

• 5.  RE: Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)

Posted Apr 24, 2014 12:27 PM

Cool, thanks! The report works and is what will be used giong forward, although I would like to see the ability to apply filters for it. As you mentioned, linking would fantastic angry but it is what it is. I guess I should spend more time looking at reporting but overall I'm not satisfied with the capabilities there so I usually stay away. At a minimum I would like to filter on the Shared column as it would take me 30 seconds to get what's needed.

• 6.  RE: Question for the SEP guru's (SMLatCST, you there?)

Posted Apr 24, 2014 12:27 PM

Yep, reporting rights are set up.