ITMS Administrator Group

View Only
  • 1.  Session lifetime limits for Workflow

Posted Mar 25, 2014 02:58 AM

HI all,
    For one of our customers we have created custom UI based on Workflow Forms (Web).
    When user opens this form it is opnening via URL like this: http://wf/LCM21/Form.aspx?s=cmlp4EnAfU27joXol3G3zQ
    After a few minutes of inactivity (while user doesn't do anything in UI) user tries to refresh page with F5 and Workflow fails with error: "System.Exception: The dialog session named 'cmlp4EnAfU27joXol3G3zQ' was not found".
    It looks like Workflow (or IIS?) has some session lifetime limitations, so how (and where?) could I change this limit?

• 2.  RE: Session lifetime limits for Workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 09:52 AM

I'd check a couple things: the recycle times for your IIS apppool, the process manager portal master settings, and the session state options. The application pool default in IIS is to recycle after 20 minutes I think. A recycle would kill off any session. The process manager portal master settings include an option for session timeout, but this should only affect the portal, not your application, but it's something to try. The session state options in IIS contains a session time out number of 20 minutes as well. I'm not sure that second one affects workflow, but it would be worth a try.

• 3.  RE: Session lifetime limits for Workflow

Posted Mar 31, 2014 07:40 AM

I figured out that this limit is "Idle Time-out (minutes)" setting in Application Pool Advanced Settings.