CA Endevor

View Only

Sample/prototype rexx to trim down CSV-data out of Endevor's CSV-Utility 

Nov 03, 2014 01:46 PM

If you work with Endevor's CSV-utiliy and would like to tailor the extracted csv-data, but don't like to check and count columns in a NOCSV-formatted file, you might benefit from the prototype-rexx provided here.

Please note, this is just a quick realization of an idea, which satisfies our current needs, there is no warranty at all. If you like to use it, you can further develop (and debug) the rexx and share it here. And of course, it would be more than nice, if this functionality could be included in Endevor itself.

Extract from the doc's/info's contained in the source; You can just invoke the rexx alone to get these lines written to //SYSTSPRT.)

$csvtrim.jpg

Rework(1): Rework all "^" from the source code -> "^=" -> "<>" and  "^like" -> "not_like"; add note concerning exclamation mark.

Rework(2): Some bugs corrected

Rework(3): One more bug detected and eliminated

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
$csvtrim.txt.zip   3 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 04, 2014 02:55 AM

Thank you to bring my attention to the possibly 'problematic' characters. I'm used to exclamation marks, which are working fine in our installation, and vertical lines don't work in our ebcdic-shop. So I only added a note into the source. I also reworked the "^" (not) from the source. 

Nov 03, 2014 03:58 PM

If you convert the text file to ASCII with your FTP then the vertical lines may become an exclamation marks.  It will execute with exclamation marks but the results will probably always be no match.  To correct this, change the exclamation marks to vertical lines.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.