Patch Management Group

View Only

Patch Compliance - Understanding Dashboard 

Dec 14, 2015 04:40 PM

Most Managers like Dashboards, since they can understand high level summary pretty quickly.

I have investigated on Patch Management Compliance Dashboard, since I did not trust numbers I could see. I am talking about dashboard you can see at:

Home > Patch Management > Compliance and Remediation > Compliance Dashboard

PM_Dashboard.jpg

In Use = 14,189

You can look at SW Update Agent reports. I can see 14,166 agents in version 7.5 (latest).

There are about 140 failing upgrade, but I do not think these should be counted.

So that number is close to reality, but not precisely.  

PM_SUA_Report.jpg

Computers with Software Update Plug-in: 800

That is actually misleading, just look at above picture, that we have 14,166 machines.

That Web part is actually calling report Windows Software Update Plug-in Rollout Status

Symantec should correct that in Dashboard: For correct count look at report mentioned above.

Computers not reporting vulnerability analysis: 0

Zero is not correct value.

Use report Exception Handling > No Scan Data Reported

Dashboard does not display proper data, even the same report is linked.

Excluded software releases: 1950

Not sure how that number was calculated:

I have actually enabled some Adobe and some Microsoft, checked in total 229 items

When I enable all, total is 2,204 items.

I do not think that 1950 and 229 is giving 2204 in total.

I hope it would get all corrected in next product release.

NOTE ON HIERARCHY

In case you have hierarchy enabled, do not use Compliance Dashboard on Parent, it does not display valid data at all.

You may use individual reports instead, but required data have to be uploaded to Parent first.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 01, 2016 03:58 PM

Jan,

Have you seen MetriX dashboards?  You can create compliance dashboards, security dashboards, endpoint management dashboards?

Its a tool that ranges from $12,000-$15,000 and give you so much.  Let me know if this is something you'd like to investigate.

rjschoenherr@novacoast.com or (810) 877-1743

www.metrixdashboards.com

patch management dashboard.pngEP dashboard.png

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.