Broadcom Customer Care

View Only

FAQ: Customers migrating from Layer7tech.com to support.ca.com 

Apr 18, 2016 07:50 PM

Beginning May 13, 2016: CA API Management customers (formerly Layer 7) will access support.ca.com for case management and knowledge base articles.

QuestionsAnswers

Why are you changing the platform?

Eventually all acquired companies are transitioned to the CA support systems. Keeping all products in the same support system helps our engineers provide a more consistent customer experience.

When can I start using the new support portal?

If you are an active CA API Management (formerly Layer 7) customer and do not already have an id and password to access support.ca.com, your id will be updated to allow access to support.ca.com. Once your id is authorized, you can access support.ca.com anytime.

When do I have to stop using Layer7tech.com?

On May 13, 2016, www.layer7tech.com will be redirected to support.ca.com and no longer accessible.

What if I still have an open ticket on Layer7tech.com?

Open cases will be migrated to support.ca.com. They will be available to you for viewing and updating on support.ca.com. Cases closed within the last 15 months will also be migrated.

Can I still open cases by sending an email to api-support@ca.com?

No. This email is no longer supported. All support cases are managed online at www.support.ca.com

How do I log in to support.ca.com?

If you do not already have a user ID, you will receive a new user ID for support.ca.com, along with instructions on how to use it.  If you do not receive an id, you can find registration instructions on ca.com/register. Our Customer Care team is also available to help you.

I’m logged in to support.ca.com, but API Management is not listed as one of my products.

API Management will be included in the product list after May 13, 2016.  If you are experiencing this issue after May 13, 2016, contact Customer Care to ensure

your Site ID is associated with your User ID.

How do I reopen a case from the former system in the new one?

Within 14 days of the case being closed, you may open a new case in support.ca.com with reference to the closed case number.

Where do I go to download my products?

support.ca.com will host your downloads

Where can I find instructions for opening a ticket on support.ca.com?

Instructions for opening cases may be found at Working with CA Support.

What languages will support.ca.com accommodate?

support.ca.com handles English only. If you need to open a case using a language other than English, please call the toll-free number for your country at ca.com/phone

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

May 25, 2016 08:17 AM

Hi Michiel,

I apologize no one followed up. I will find out what happened but in the meantime I would really like to understand your challenges myself.

I will contact you shortly.

Regards,

Colleen

May 25, 2016 05:22 AM

Hi Colleen,

I haven't been contacted by anyone to follow up on my questions, but we have seen by now that the migration turned out quite messy for us. I'll spare you the details here, but I can say that there is a lot which needs (urgent) fixing. Who would be the best person to talk to about this?

Regards,

Michiel

May 04, 2016 10:13 AM

Hi Michiel,

What you describe is our Partner Delivered Support program. I'm not sure that there are any their are any contracts set up that way in CA API Management product today. You are correct that our systems still remain the same at this time. I have forwarded your concerns to the CA API Management Product Support Director so he can discuss your concerns in this area.

Regards,

Colleen

May 04, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for the update. My concerns are coming from my experience with Infrastructure Management where the policy was that the PDS partner is the registered owner of the license in the internal CA systems. I expect this to be the same for API Management. This would mean we get all the side-id's for all of our customers assigned to us and our customers won't have any active maintenance contracts on CSO. This is something I have discussed with several people in my past role as IM Community president, but I guess this limitation of the internal systems still hasn't been resolved.

Thanks,

Michiel

May 04, 2016 09:10 AM

Hello Michiel,

I'm following up on your secondary questions. System entitlements may change for some CA API Management users as a result of the upcoming Layer7 support systems migration.  After the migration, standard CA support systems entitlements will be in place.  If customers hold CA software licenses and have active maintenance, then they will have CA Support Online entitlements for product downloads and case management.  If partners hold CA software licenses and
have active maintenance (i.e. when they play a support role for customers in the Partner Delivered Support program or when they’re using CA software internally for themselves), then those partners will have CA Support Online entitlements for product downloads and case management. 
While we encourage all users to sign up for proactive notifications (including patches), registration for these notifications requires active maintenance contracts.  If users don’t have active maintenance for CA API Management, we recommend they access the CA API Management Community for product notifications. I have engaged Support Delivery Management for the CA API Management product to discuss your concerns, and someone will be reaching out to you soon to answer any additional questions you may have.

Regards,

Colleen

Apr 28, 2016 01:47 PM

Hello MichielHelder,

KB articles will be migrated to Support Online and available on May 13th.

With regards to your additonal question around Partners, I have engaged the team working on this to provide more insight.

An update will be provided in soon.

Regards,

Colleen

Apr 28, 2016 07:37 AM

What will happen to the KB articles? Have they all been or will they be migrated to the communities?

And what is the impact for Partners? I know from my experience with other CA products that CA links the end customer site-id to the partner. So the end customer has no access to any of the CA resources. Most of our customers have their own support accounts right now to access downloads. Does that mean we now have 1 month to provide our own download system for our customers? And same for notifications of patches etc. Do we now have to send/forward these to our customers? If these kinds of changes are required for partners, 1 month notice for such a change seems a bit short in my opinion.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.