Mac Management Group

View Only

Announcing support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks 

Nov 15, 2013 07:05 PM

We're please to announce support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks. More details can be found here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/it-management-suite-os-platform-support

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 06, 2013 12:39 PM

MrSoapsud there are many mistakes in that document.  What's worse is I even reached out over 2 weeks ago and it appears the new December document has not been fixed :) 

As of this version of this document, Windows 8.1 has not been released.
As of this version of this document, OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) has not been released. It is scheduled for a Fall 2013 release.
At the time of the release of this documentation, Internet Explorer 11 has not been released.
Symantec has also invented a new service pack for Windows 7.  MS has no plans to ever ship a SP again 

What you want is the document listed in the second paragraph.  Basically Symantec is saying Altiris "mostly" works by making the recommended changes and official support is due by Q3 2015 :sarcasm:

Dec 05, 2013 08:22 AM

I feel like I'm missing something. As far as I can see, that link goes to a page with an "Early Support Statement" for 10.9, which was updated mid-November.

The Support Matrix page was updated yesterday, but the PDF download still says "Not supported" against 10.9 with a note that says "As of this version of this document, OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) has not been released. It is scheduled for a Fall 2013 release."

Don't see any other "more details"...??

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.