Wisconsin Endpoint Management User Group

View Only

Recap of the Wisconsin Endpoint Management User Group - Feb 10, 2011 

Feb 17, 2011 01:57 PM

The Wisconsin Endpoint Management User Group held our very first meeting on Thursday, February 10, 2011. We had approximately 20 people in attendance representing companies such as Artisan Partners, Aspirus Health, HP, ProHealth Care, Wacker Neuson, Yaskawa America, and others.

Our presenters were James Broniec (Systems Engineer) and Justin Martin (Product Manager) from Symantec. Jim provided an overview of ITMS 7.1 and then Justin focused on migration.

You can view or download their slides here:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/presentations

We also organized our Advisory Board Leadership as follows:

With our first meeting under our belt and our Advisory Board in place, we're in position to create a very successful User Group. The degree of success will largely be based on your participation. So get involved! Share your experiences, ask questions, use the website, attend the meetings, and make sure to give feedback. The meetings will focus on the content our members request -- so don't be shy.

If you would like to host, give a presentation, or request specific topics to discuss at our next meeting - post your comments below or contact a member of the Advisory Board.

See everyone at the next meeting!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 17, 2011 03:39 PM

Hi Nate!

It's been a long time!

I've seen DS7, and I have to admit, I like where Symantec/Altiris is going, it's just that the product isn't where it needs to be just yet.  A lot of the functionality that we've come to depend on in the DS 6.9.x isn't readily available in DS7.  You'll even notice that a lot people in the connect forums are of the same opinion as me in that regard.  I'm not saying DS7 isn't a great product or that it won't ever get to the functionality and greatness that DS6.9.x was at.  It's just going to take time to get it there, which I would expect from a complete redesign from the ground up.

Feb 17, 2011 03:02 PM

What you need to see is the DS functionality in NS7.  Who needs a DS anymore if it can all be run from a NS console.  By the way, Hi Brian, sorry I missed the meeting.  Work would not let me get away as usual.

Feb 17, 2011 02:40 PM

I guess as webmaster, I'll make the first comment.  :)

Andy suggested that we post about what we learned at the last meeting and what we want to discuss in the next meetings.

It was great to see some of the new functionality of NS7.x and ITMS.  And it may help in our decision to move to NS7.  We will still be holding off on moving to DS7 for the foreseeable future.

I would like to see a presentation on Service Desk and the workflow management aspect in the upcoming meetings.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.