Connect Advisory Board Group

View Only

Connect Dev Notes: 25 June 2014 

Jun 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Updates deployed to the Connect production servers as a result of the code sprint that ended 24 Jun 2014.

User Facing: Desktop

• Added code for post-by-email users that would, depending on the size of their file attachments, either include the attachments with the notification (if the attachment payload is less than 5MB) or include a link to the attachments in the notification email.
  • Added code that would keep the system from sending an email notification to users when a new node of type "User Agreement" is created.
  • Fixed code that was occasionally displaying the mobile UI to desktop users.
  • Created a new "Encryption" forum that houses Symantec's collection of encryption products.

Admin Facing

• Removed code that was updating child blog posts (resetting the updated on date/time) when the parent blog meta node was changed.
  • Granted new permissions to users in the "Translator" role so they can translate blog posts without running into permissions issues.

SEO Wins

• Changed the site title from "Symantec Connect Community" to "Symantec Connect" based on feedback from Symantec's SEO team.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jun 26, 2014 01:39 PM

Thanks again for reporting this issue CRZ.

We just pushed code to prod that will resolve it.

Kevin

Jun 25, 2014 03:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up CRZ, we'll get that addressed.

Jun 25, 2014 02:16 PM

Don't know if this is related to the recent update, but have you noticed that all the forum thread titles no longer appear within the page title?  For instance, every thread in the NetBackup forum now has the title "Backup and Recovery Forums | Symantec Connect" - I don't know much, but my gut tells me that changing thousands of pages to have the same title is probably the opposite of an "SEO win" ;-)

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.