Discovery and Inventory Group

View Only
145 Entries

5 years ago
Be the first person to recommend this.

Initial Network Discovery

Unless you already know all the make and model information for your network devices, often an initial Network Discovery needs to take place. This allows ...

5 years ago

Pluggable Protocol Architecture

Pluggable Protocol Architecture, or PPA, provides a profile that allows you to use multiple credentials and protocols for tasks needed by the Notification ...

5 years ago

Credential Management

Before we dive into Network Discovery, we need to ensure that the proper credentials are setup. These credentials will be used by Network Discovery to gather ...

5 years ago

Introduction

This series of articles is meant to help provide users guidance in using both Network Discovery and Agentless Inventory (also known as Inventory for Network Devices), ...

6 years ago
1 person recommends this.

Introduction
Starting in Inventory Solution 8.1 RU6, the features to monitor the health of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), to Start Agent services via a Task, is now available. ...

6 years ago
3 people recommend this.

Background information about the Intel Chipset Vulnerabilities
Back in May 2017, external researchers identified a number of Critical Vulnerabilities affecting the Intel AMT firmware, ...

7 years ago

We have installed SMA on broad variety of Linux releases, but when I installed SMA 7.6 recently on SUSE 13.2 it failed to start.

Installation completed pretty smoothly, but agent ...

7 years ago
4 people recommend this.

This article presents a sample custom inventory script and custom report that displays the collected custom inventory data. This example looks for Access Database files with an extension ...

7 years ago
Attachments
7 years ago

I have completed ESX Discovery and Inventory tasks, but default report did not display data I was expeting:

VMM > Host Summary Report 

I checked that these data are ...

Attachments