If incase, you are planning to Migrate OR Install Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1 for the First time, here are the Few Quick Articles which may assist you with an Easy Process.
Symantec Knowledgebase Articles
1) Symantec Endpoint Protection Getting Started Guide 12.1
2) System Requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection, Enterprise and Small Business Editions, and Network Access Control 12.1
3) What's new in version 12.1
4) What is new in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1?
5) Which communications ports does Symantec Endpoint Protection use?
6) Planning the installation
7) Network architecture considerations
8) Planning for Migration to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1
9) Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Installing the Manager for the first time and deploying clients
10) Upgrading and migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
11) Steps to prepare computers to install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 client
12) How to upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to Version 12.1 RU1
13) How do I create and configure a custom Symantec Endpoint Protection installation package in version 12.1?
14) How to Install Symantec Endpoint Protection v. 11.x from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager v.12.1?
15) How to install Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) on Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 Server Core Operating System.
16) How to upgrade your SEP11 license to SEP12 online
17) Activating your Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 product license
18) Downloading a license file
19) Licensing an unmanaged client
20) How-to Documents for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
21) How to detect Symantec Endpoint Protection services in version 12.1
22) How to bypass the IIS proxy after upgrading to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1
More on SEP 12.1 upgrade licensing questions? Find answers here:
Check these Video's:
Licensing Guide for SEP 12.1-Part 1
Licensing Guide for SEP 12.1- Part 2
Hope this would assist ALL !!!
I am having this issue with installing SEP 12.1 on one of my servers. I went thru the event logs and the message i got is this :
"The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4100.4126.105 Settings Manager service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it"
Does any body have any idea regarding this issue?
By the way i did the remote push via SEPM, the server shows up in the list of servers, but SEP is not installed in the targeted server.
In reference to the Article on this Latest Release of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU2 are available, check these -
Knowledgebase Articles for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1. RU2
Knowledgebase Articles for Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1. RU2
You could also search on the Symantec Knowledgebase as well -
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1. RU2
Symantec Endpoint Protection SBE 12.1. RU2
Hope that helps!!
Hi Mithun & Team,
Thanks for sharing the doc's, this was very helpful.
I found these links to be extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch!
Here is a link to the Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 / 12.1 Landing page. This puts all the doucmentation, KB articles, Troubleshooting, and Best Practices in one place. It has a search function making it easy to find articles.
Within the search if you put MAC Deployment it will bring up the articles on how to.
Awesome page...very helpful.
Is there a KB that covers troubleshooting SEP12.1 deployment to Macs? We have a couple workstations and servers that we pushed to which show "Unmanaged Client" status.
Thanks, very useful knowledge base articles
Thanks, very useful knowledge base articles. it realy helps us to implemet it and build good architecture in our envirnment.
I am able to find almost all FAQ abt SEP12.1 here! Good one!
Thank you is all I can say :)
Thanks for Artical
Nice helpfull of every one
Incase, if there are any specific Articles you are looking for, please access the Public Knowledgebase on www.Symantec.com
Here is the URL to SymWise for Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1
Hope this helps all!!
Wow!!! Good One, all together to access. Thnaks A Ton!!
I just saw this Article.. and it really helps a lot.. thanks
We have a mixed Windows 7 / Mac Snow Leopard environment. I was told that the improvements in the installation procedures were for PC only. I'd be interested to hear how others have / plan to tackle the SEP 11 removal / SEP 12.1 install with minimal reboots and/or user disruption.