Mac Management Group

View Only

Web parts in one place within SMP Console 

Apr 27, 2015 02:06 PM

"How to create custom SMP Console menu where will be all required web parts in one place"

1. There is a list of available "Web Parts" in SMP Console, where you can set appropriate settings for each web part and take URL of appropriate Web part to create own custom menu.

WebParts_List.jpg

Here is a list of all available web parts in ITMS 7.5.x

WebParts_List2.jpg

For example I've opened a "Task Computers and Devices" web part where I can take URL for further creation of custom menu.

TS Web Part.jpg

2. In SMP Console, you can create own custom menu button and other menu items.

Custom_Menus.jpg

Custom_Menus_2.jpg

Here you can create own new custom menu button for SMP Console. For example I'll create a new main menu button and set name "TS Web" where will be menu item to have appropriate web parts there, such as "Task Server Details".

TS_web_Create_1.jpg

When you've set name of this menu button, then click "Save Changes" then this custom menu button will appear in SMP Console.

TS_web_Menu.jpg

Now I'll set appropriate name "Task Servers and clients details" and will choose to "Show" a "Single page view" -> set as URL and paste there copied URL from "Task Computers and Devices" web part (/Altiris/TaskManagement/TaskServerDetails.aspx) and Save changes.

TaskServers_SubMenu.jpg

Finally I have custom new main menu button with sub-menu where I can open directly "Task Servers and registered clients state details" directly.

TSweb_withSubmenu.jpg

After opening it, I can see list of all available Task Servers and all managed registered clients state.

Listof Task Servers and devices.jpg

3. You can go back to "Settings" -> "Console" -> "Menus" -> click on your new Menu "TS Web" -> click "New" -> "Menu Item" -> set appropriate settings there and get required Web Part URL (mentioned above here) -> Save changes.

NewMenuItem.jpg

Best regards,

IP.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.