Southern Sweden Endpoint Management User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot reconfigure SEPM to new SQL server

Posted Dec 15, 2016 06:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hi

I have moved SEP Manager database to a new server. When I then use Management Server Configuration Wizard to change database and try to save I get this error:

The management server "sepserver" already exists. You must change the server name.
    And my new database server is not saved.

I have followed this tech note: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH104723.html

It is step 7 that does not work for me:

Once complete, Run the "Management Server Configuration Wizard" and point
    the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to the new server housing the newly attached Database.

How can I resolve this issue?

Windows 2012 R2
    SQL 2014
    SEPM: 12.1.6608.6300

• 2.  RE: Cannot reconfigure SEPM to new SQL server

Posted Dec 15, 2016 07:31 PM

yes you have temporarily put in a different server name and once you are into the SEPM console delete the old sepm server name and then rename the new server to old server name. 

• 3.  RE: Cannot reconfigure SEPM to new SQL server

Posted Jan 12, 2017 08:38 AM

Ok, If I change to a different server name in Configuration Wizard, must I change computername on the server too?
    And when I rename back to the old name I run Configuration Wizard again?
    I keep all configuration when I change server name like this?

• 4.  RE: Cannot reconfigure SEPM to new SQL server

Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:56 AM

The answer to your question is Yes and Yes. you need to change your server named a to b and run MSCW and let the Sever B be added to your site. then delete the old server a entry from SEPM. once again rename the server back to server a and run MSCW and update the server a in the site.