Michigan Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  DLP and firewalls/proxies

Posted Aug 14, 2012 11:57 AM

this post is more about gethering information, and research then troubleshooting

I have a client who is dropping their ASA firewalls in favor of going to Palo Alto.

Does anyone have experience with a palo alto setup? I know they are not on the approvedd  proxy list, or vpn solution list. I do know that the firewall they that are looking at getting is the PA 5020. They will also be using the builtin proxy in the Palo Alto firewall and pulling out the existing product.

I am not to worried on the vpn side as mobile devices are not involved at this time.

• 2.  RE: DLP and firewalls/proxies

Posted Aug 14, 2012 12:06 PM

Is this for Prevent Web or Tablet?

Mainly curious as I've not done an implementation with a PA yet.

• 3.  RE: DLP and firewalls/proxies

Posted Aug 14, 2012 12:53 PM

Aaron,
    this will include NP for web, there is no tablet right now there is discussion later of it... they want to support BYOD and iphones and androids and move from the BES enviroment. The DLP and Nukona//Odyssey solutions will allow for this.

the dmz is built with cisco asa and juniper ssg devices, they are going complete palo alto for the app id and internet bandwidth throllting based on AD group. I have been researching this and find nothing on Palo Alto, they are still kinda a new player to the firewall arena. they do have a solid product and have very good festures.