United Kingdom Security & Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  PowerShell CCS scripts - Working Examples?

Posted Apr 23, 2014 11:48 AM

Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me out, I want to look into using the CCS Powershell APIs and what if any value they can add to our day to day operating processes.

Problem is the CCS standard documentation does not give any examples to start from, does anyone have any Powershell scripts they are willing to share to help get me started?

I am specifically interested in pulling back CCS data collection information and statuses.

Any help would be very much appreciated and treated in confidence.

Regards

Simon

• 2.  RE: PowerShell CCS scripts - Working Examples?

Posted Apr 23, 2014 01:46 PM
      |   view attached

I have attached a ps1 file for using the Job Manager CCS PS snap-in to search jobs for data collection type jobs. You will have to rename the file Search-DC-Jobs.ps1 after download.

Attachment(s)

txt
    Search-DC-Jobs.ps1__0.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: PowerShell CCS scripts - Working Examples?

Posted Apr 24, 2014 03:37 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Simon,

I've attached a zip file which contains a whole bunch of working examples (they are a few years old but work fine on CCS11). Over time a few more snap-ins were released – details about them are in the release notes of the corresponding SCU/PU.

I hope this helps,

Walter

Attachment(s)

zip
    CCS_CMDLets_scripts.zip   48 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: PowerShell CCS scripts - Working Examples?

Posted Apr 24, 2014 03:43 AM

Thanks guys, really appreciate you shareing :-)

• 5.  RE: PowerShell CCS scripts - Working Examples?

Posted Apr 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Once you have the CCS Powershell snap-ins loaded into the powershell environment, then use the get-help feature.   for example to get informaiton on the move-assets cmdlet then do this:

get-help move-assets 

get-help move-assets - examples

Hope that helps.