Symantec Developer Group

View Only
  • 1.  VIP Access silent installation

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi all,

i am trying install VIP Access silently during installing Windows image from server. I find on google that parameter /s should works but for me isn't working, i tried install it with parameters /s,  /silent and /quiet but GUI appears every time.

I am installing it on Windows 10 Enterprise - build 1603, 64-bit.

I have actual version from https://vip.symantec.com/

Do you have tips what should works ?

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: VIP Access silent installation

Posted Nov 16, 2017 01:15 AM

I had the same problem as you. I got it working by extracting the VIPAccessSetup.exe file and running the /s switch against the 'install.exe' contained within.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: VIP Access silent installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 05:39 PM

That is correct.The PDF included with the download has this information:

The installer, setup.exe, accepts the following command line options:

/s Invoke the installer in silent mode.

/IPT If this option is present, the installer will exit with an error if no Intel IPT hardware is detected on the system.
    If the option is not present, then the installer will continue to install the VIP Access Desktop software even if no Intel IPT hardware is detected on the system. It will provision a VIP credential that is purely software-based.

/oem If this option is present, the installer will install the VIP Access Desktop software to support OPK mode installation for OEMs. With this flag on, VIPAppService (the service component of the VIP Access Desktop software) will not start until after a reboot.

/M partnerName If this option is present, the installer enables the flag with the value specified by partnerName. Using this flag and value, the VIP Access Desktop software provisions the credentials based on partner entry.

/l logfile If this option is present, the installer will write its log to the file name specified by logfile.

/p installPath If this option is present, the installer will choose installPath as the default installation path, instead of c:\program files\