New England Security User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Inability to pin the Symantec Console onto my screen

Posted Jun 13, 2017 04:46 PM

I've upgraded to SEP 14.0 MP2 last week.  Previously, versions of the SEP management console were able to be pinned or placed on my desktop.  I don't(can't) put the link to the console on my desktop.  Therefore, in order for me to get into the management console client I have to go to   HTTPS://SERVERNAME:9090    and download the client  EVERYTIME. 

How can I pin it to my desktop?

• 2.  RE: Inability to pin the Symantec Console onto my screen

Posted Jun 13, 2017 04:53 PM

The icon/install should be under your All Programs menu:

1_14.jpg

If not the case than it may be a bug of some sort with the web app. Support would need to be engaged.

• 3.  RE: Inability to pin the Symantec Console onto my screen

Posted Jul 11, 2017 03:04 PM

I'm going to put a ticket with support.  I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 10, creator edition (1703).  Additionally, using JAVA(ARGH) version 1.8.0_131

• 4.  RE: Inability to pin the Symantec Console onto my screen

Posted Jul 11, 2017 03:04 PM

I'm going to put a ticket with support.  I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 10, creator edition (1703).  Additionally, using JAVA(ARGH) version 1.8.0_131

• 5.  RE: Inability to pin the Symantec Console onto my screen

Posted Jul 12, 2017 10:05 AM

Day two with Support.  They haven't seen this problem before.  This doesn't seem right.  Anyway.  One of my co-workers who has NOT signed onto the 14.02 SEP Console yet, still has the Old, 12.xxx.xxx version application pinned.  When he did sign on, the console application dissapeared.    This I know so far.  The application does not get pinned in either Windows 7/Windows 10 PC's Enterprise on both.  Does NOT get pinned in the applications lists on a  Windows 7 PC which has never had the console.    Symantec tech support spent 2 hours with me yesterday and will be calling me again today. 

Anyone else out in the community experience this.  Where the console is pinned in the application list with a version prior to 14.MP2, after upgrading to 14 MP2(the version we have) the console is no longer pinned and the only way to get to the console is to go to http://servername:9090

Does anyone use these communities?