I'm using ITMS 7.1 SP2, MP1 with no rollups installed.
I'm working with the Concurrent Usage report, and I have doubts about the results returned by the report.
Currently there are ~20.000 machines in the Altiris database, and when I run the report, I get that for some exes, the "Max Concurrent Usage Count" column gets numbers as high as ~32.000
This makes no sense for me. In the worst scenario, all the machines will be running the exe at the same time, and this situation must show ~20.000 concurrent executions.
After investigating what the query and stored procedures used are showing, it seems to me that the column "Max Concurrent Usage Count" is showing the number of executions of the exe file, no matter if they were concurrent or not.
Has anyone out there investigate on this report or have a way of getting for real, the concurrent usage of some exes?
Thanks in advance:
v6RU contains a revamped report that fixes many issues, so please open a support case and request v7RU as that is the latest build for 7.1.2 Mp1.1, and contains all previous RU's.
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll create the case and have a look at the new report.
Hi again, SK.
After reading the Release Notes for the Rollup7 I found no reference to the Concurrent Usage report in any of the Rollups. I guess you have thought on other report.
After creating a support case, and after some reasearching, the support engineer has said that this report has a known error in 7.1 SP2 that has been fixed in 7.5
I'm installing 7.5 in a virtual machine just to have the chance of trying to study the Concurrent Usage report in that version and try to fix the report in my 7.1 SP2 installation.
I hope to find some time during Christmas holidays to work on this topic.
Yes, it must have been the Executable Usage report then.
You should ask that support engineer to provide you with the 7.5 report instead of building a 7.5 system yourself, especially if you are doing so just to get that report (if I had 7.5 installed I would be more than happy to give it to you).
I was able to install a 7.5 in a virtual machine for getting the report.
Seeing the report in 7.1, I'm afraid it relies on a set of stored procedures in the database, and I expect that the report in 7.5 will be much the same.
Having the full DB installed I can have a look at all the stored procedures it may use.
Thanks for your suggestion, anyway.
I'll update this thread as I get any news.
Having just installed 7.5, I have found that there is no longer a Concurrent Usage report.
Thanks for your update, SK.
I didn't find time during the holidays to have a look at the 7.5 installation I have.
I was told by support that this issue was a knwon error and that it was fixed in 7.5 :(
The good news is that this report exists in the database and that its default item attributes has made it hidden.
This may have been how development decided to resolve issues with the report, or it may have simply been a typo in the relevant config file. ;-)
Please run the following query against your database in order for this report to appear again, and then see if it has either resolved your problems or still has them:
SET Attributes = '22'
WHERE [Guid] = 'ca4aeb76-d8ba-40f5-ad5e-382cb36382c1' --Concurrent Usage report (default attributes = 23)
I'll do as soon as I have time to work again on this issue.
Thanks for your help, SK