Michigan Endpoint Management User Group

 View Only
  • 1.  Client agent checking policy repeatedly during maintenance window.

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2011 02:59 PM

    Hello, I have some of my NS7 clients appearing to run policy checks over and over and over during maintenance windows, in the client logs I see repeated CDeliveryPolicy::IsWakeupDue() and CDeliveryPolicy::GetNextWakeup() entries with CSMFAgentPolicyManager setting wakeup time to 0 ms on policies. and the whole thing just cycles in a loop for the duration of the maintenance window.

     

    Anyone run into this? Any suggestions? I have not found much from my searches yet.



  • 2.  RE: Client agent checking policy repeatedly during maintenance window.

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2011 10:16 AM

    We just went live with CMS7 sp 5 at our first pilot office of ~ 60 users, and are having the same issue.  Additionally we are seeing 6-20% CPU usage and ~900 log file entries a minute on our clients.  Which is obviously affecting real work from being accomplished.  We have had to disable the Symantec Management agent on that office. 

    We have 30 more offices to upgrade and are holding on until Symantec tech support gets back with us.  It has been two days and they have not offered anything real to try.  Their only suggestion was to stop the agent, delete all tasks/policy xmls and then restart the agent.  Which did nothing. 

    Very frustrated :(  If I figure anything out I'll be sure to share.



  • 3.  RE: Client agent checking policy repeatedly during maintenance window.

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2011 10:17 AM

    commenting to subscribe.  New to these forums.



  • 4.  RE: Client agent checking policy repeatedly during maintenance window.

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2011 09:53 AM

    First i tried the Technote:

    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH140545

    The File could be get from here instead of asking the support (took me an hour in the support hotline)

    http://rapidshare.com/files/445627992/Altiris_Agent_Install_7_0_7437.zip

     

    But after that the Problem was still not fixed. It now tooks less CPU Time but still 6 - 10% CPU isn't quit nice.

    Then i check the logs and found ot that it should had somthing to do with the policies.

    And we had two Policies that had the checkbox „User must turn on from Altiris Agent“ under the schedule settings enabled.

    After disable this setting and updating the client, the AeXNSagent Task went down to nearly 0%

     

    So maybe check if one of the affected computers have any package with this setting and disable it for testing.