Patch Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 12, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi,

i will deploy my zero day workflow but it doesn't work.
    If i choose the Local SMP Environment i get a connection error like this one.

Could not connect to net.tcp://192.168.32.50:11436/SWFSVR/DeploymentService/. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.0311678. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.32.50:11436. 

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.32.50:11436

On Standalone Server Environment the deployment works and i can invoke the workflow manually,
    but now the Auto Invoke from Configurable Auto start component does not start the workflow at the time in config.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Stephan

• 2.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 12, 2017 10:46 AM

Symantec Workflow Explorer - Credentials - Symantec Management Platform

Is the SMP listed there?

Is the Workflow Server in a Managed Environment?

Is the Workflow Project checked into the Repository?

--

Local should be fine.

Did you restart the Workflow Services after the WF was published?

• 3.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 12, 2017 11:04 AM

1. Yes (Why it is NS7? It should be a Version 8.1)

Unbenannt_10.JPG

2. How can i check this

3. Yes

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 12, 2017 12:05 PM

Is there a reason you picked "Local SMP" over the section below it?

---

1. NS7 is fine, that can be ignored.

2. Login to your SMP - Manage | Workflows - Workflow Enterprise Management

(Workflow Manager - You'd see it listed in the second section when you publish.)

--

You will be fine publishing locally.

Try a services restart then check your schedule to see if it runs.

You could add a Log component at the start of your WF to say "starting..." (+ datetime) and at the end "finishing..." (+ datetime), good way to see if it is working when you expect it.

• 5.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 13, 2017 02:49 AM

Hello,

there is no special reason why i chose the SMP. I don't know it better and my approvel Mails work with the DNS Name auf SMP.

At Workflow Server i have PM (Process Manager Portal) and AS (Workflow Server)
    At SMP there is BP (Background Processing), AS (Workflow Server) and Auto Publishing

I never installed the Workflow Server on SMP....

When i publish locally the workflow doesn't start. I have a Send Mail after the auto start so it send me the Workflow ID.
    This is my monitoring if the workflow was started.

Best regards

Stephan

• 6.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 10:30 AM

During the normal installation process for SMP it will install the Workflow server as well. This is to facilitate the use of Enterprise Management for Workflow if you wish to use it.

Have you confirmed that the option 'Do not process Timeouts and Escalations' is not checked in Local Machine Info?

Also is the workflow project configured to use Anonymous Access or Windows Authentication. If you've selected Windows Authentication you need to make sure you've enabled 'Use HTTPS' and provided proper credentials in the Local Machine Info Servers section of the configuration.

• 7.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 14, 2017 03:09 AM

What happens with the option Do not Process Timeout and Escalation?

Now it's not checked

Also is the workflow project configured to use Anonymous Access or Windows Authentication. If you've selected Windows Authentication you need to make sure you've enabled 'Use HTTPS' and provided proper credentials in the Local Machine Info Servers section of the configuration.

As I know we don't use Windows Authentication.
    At "Projekt/Publishing/Primary Service/Authentication Type" i switch now to Anonymous Authentication and redeploy to look if it change anything. Before it was on "Windows Authentication".

It doesn't change anything. The Workflow doesn't start from local WF. And from SMP I get the connection Error.

Best regards

Stephan

• 8.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 15, 2017 04:16 AM

Is nobody here who can help me?

Best regards.

• 9.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 15, 2017 06:49 AM

If you've got a valid support contract it might be worth raising a ticket on https://my.symantec.com

• 10.  RE: Deployment Issue Workflow

Posted Jun 16, 2017 07:47 AM

Hello Alex,

thank you! I will open a ticket.

Best Regards