Asset Management Group

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris 6.0 report converted to 7.x Changes Made in last 7 days

Posted May 28, 2014 02:30 PM

Hello,

Altiris 6.0 had several reports related to Changes Made in the last N days. Has anyone converted the report "Changes Made In The Last 7 Days, Filtered By User And Computer:"  I would like to use this report in our 7.5 NS, but is fails. I am looking for a report that shows Asset resources that have had changes in the last N days. I am really only looking for the Asset/CMDB data changes not the Inventory changes.

Thanks,

Todd

• 2.  RE: Altiris 6.0 report converted to 7.x Changes Made in last 7 days

Posted May 29, 2014 07:01 AM
      |   view attached

Hi dodgint,

I've modified "General Asset Report" by adding the [Changed Last N Days] parameter which is calculated according to the "ModifiedDate" of Asset resource.

You can find it in attachments (Assets changed Last N Days.xml).

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Altiris 6.0 report converted to 7.x Changes Made in last 7 days
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2014 11:16 AM
      |   view attached

Thank you for the quick response and solution to my issue. I was able to get the Altiris 6.0 report to work in the 7.5 NS. Since I still have a 6.0 NS up and running I was able to Clone the report and modify the SQL for what the NS 7.5 table is now using.

In 6.0 the INV_Audit table uses a Column called InventoryDate which is what the report is using for the N Days variable.

In 7.5 the Inv_Audit table, the Column has been renamed to AuditDate. I modified the report in the NS 6.0 and then Export/Import into the NS 7.5.  It is still a legacy report, but it does work now. Some day I will rewrite it for NS 7.x.

Thanks for your input on this.

• 4.  RE: Altiris 6.0 report converted to 7.x Changes Made in last 7 days

Posted May 30, 2014 04:08 AM

I'am glad to hear that you found the solution, but I suggest you to disable "Delete Legacy NS6 saved reports older than" option in Purging Maintenance page, in order to avoid problems in the future.