ran across different issue today. Client just did a email update - AD sync correctly brought in new email id to SD dbo.user and to SMP
dbo.Inv_Global_User_General_Details. However, the AD sync did not update dbo.user.EmailAddress.
Ran the 1st query to find issue. 2nd one to update fields
Query to show 1 example
select [ADLoginName], location, office,[PrimaryEmail],em.EmailAddress, ADLoginName
from dbo.[user]u left join dbo.UserEmailAddress em
on u.UserID = em.UserID where [ADLoginName] like '%test%'
select EmailAddress , [PrimaryEmail] FROM dbo.UserEmailAddress em
left join [ProcessManager].[dbo].[User] U on u.UserID = em.UserID
where EmailAddress != [PrimaryEmail]
Query to find out primary email in dbo.user does not match primary email on smp 7.1 server. Key for location call is the primary email
-- set EmailAddress = [PrimaryEmail]
select EmailAddress , [PrimaryEmail]
FROM dbo.UserEmailAddress em
left join [ProcessManager].[dbo].[User]U
on u.UserID = em.UserID
where [EmailAddress] like'%test.doc' and [PrimaryEmail] not like '%test.com'
This is a known issue (AD sync updating PrimaryEmail but not UserEmailAddress.EmailAddress). It's been fixed in 7.1 SP2 and pointfixed for 7.0 MR 5.
Is their a release date for SP7.2?
I have fresh install of 7.1 sp1a and I was not able to find this error on the forum or KB's. It would be really nice to have known errors published so we can fix them easily instead of spending 3-6 days with support on a known issue.
After updating email addresses for Users in AD those users cannot be selected as Primary Contact in Submit Incident (Advanced) form
The article includes a pointfix.
I already fixed it by SQL so not sure I need to install the fix
I guess the answer to your question depends on what you did in SQL, but I am sure the fix in the article (updated Logicbase.Ensemble.dll) will fix the issue once it is put in place.
The issue is caused by a defect in AD Sync functionality. If this is the issue you are facing, then until you've applied the pointfix, it will come back the next time one of the synched users gets e-mail address changed and AD Sync is run.
do you know if this issue has been updated in Service Desk 7.1 SP1A? if it has then I wont bother with the update as we will be moving to production very soon.If the update has been put into the latest download then we are good.
There is no ServiceDesk 7.1 SP1a. The current release is ServiceDesk 7.1 SP1 and it is the one included in IT Management Suite 7.1 SP1a (if this is what you had in mind with SP1a). The next ServiceDesk release is going to be ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2.
This issue is there in current release and as the KB article says, will be fixed in ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2. This pointfix is something you are going to need until then.
yes I was thinking of ITSM 7.SP1A
is their a pencil date for SD 7.1 SP2? would be nice to plan around it
thsi issue came back -
I did have some users where their email address did not get updated. I did my update query and they are good.
I believe I have a new issue.
this time when I had a user get his email address updated it deleted his information from dbo.useremailaddress. Also the user is now not in the user file from the console. he is in the dbo.user table correctly.
Also I dont have Logicbase.Ensemble.dllSolution I do have a logicBase.Components.ensemble.dll location located in c\programfiles\Symantec\Workflow\Shared
This issue will be resolved in ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2.
In the meantime the pointfix below can be applied to resolve the situation on earlier builds.
To apply download the appropriate build for your version of ServiceDesk.
Rename the existing Logicbase.Ensemble.dll in Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\ProcessManager\bin to Logicbase.Ensemble.old.
Extract the dll into Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\ProcessManager\bin.
Restart IIS to ensure the change takes effect.
fixed it -
using Search Users on the users last name it did nto come up.
did advanced search by click last name - search on user last name
then click manage user>email settings>
now the users email address is in the window. put the email address in the Email and clcik addEmail
did not get a error message! huh
rerun my query