Workload Automation

View Only

Webcast Replay: Getting Started with CA Workload Automation DE dSeries Advanced Integration for Hadoop [Mar. 8th] 

Mar 08, 2016 12:06 PM

This tech talk will show DE customers high level architecture, installation and configuration. At the end of this session, you should have a good understanding of how to get started on scheduling Hadoop workloads. Presented by JustinHubbard

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 08, 2016 12:52 PM

To answer the question on "What is there a session timeout and what is the default":

• There is a session timeout and the default is 24 hours

Additionally, I accidentally forgot to cover the Hive Job Implementation. The screenshot of the job definition is below:

For a hive job, the connection profile and HDFS Security profile need to be specified. A Hive Security profile can also be specified however if none if specified the job will connect as an anonymous user. You must specify the path on the edge node to the hql script to execute. Additionally you can specify the path to an initialization script. Both scripts must be located on the edgenode specified in the connection profile.

Hive Scripts allow for Hive Modifiers to be provided to the script execution. These can be specified in the Hive Modifiers menu.

In my example, I have defined a Hive Variable Source Path which is passed to my hql script. Configuration can also be specified as part of the job as seen above.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a private message or ask your question to the community,

Justin Hubbard

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.