Continuous Delivery Director

View Only

Single-Server Install: CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition 

Jun 16, 2016 02:52 PM

This video will help you install all components of CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition on a single server.

To learn more, go to: http://cainc.to/bMaECK

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 05, 2016 01:10 AM

thanks Archer

Sep 02, 2016 12:37 PM

Yes we do recommend that CDE be installed on a different server from RA.

Installation Best Practices - CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Your experience is very helpful to read and good validation of recommending the practice of distributing RA and CDE.

Keep up the commentary and let us know if there is anything you run into that can be added to the documentation.

Sep 02, 2016 08:12 AM

ok, so installing and running it on a fresh server worked much better. I believe that some ports I can't see might already have been in use by CA Release Automation. Doesn't it have a tomcat as well? so maybe this causes trouble, when installing the tomcat servers in parallel or I forgot to change a port for the tomcat.

but, thanks for the input Keith-Puzey-CA , is as always appreciated 

Sep 02, 2016 07:44 AM

i will now try it on a fresh server and see how this goes.

I just thought I keep this up in here as well, if someone else might run into troubles

Sep 02, 2016 07:02 AM

I'm getting the feeling I should use different servers to run CA Release Automation and the CDE, as our CA-RA is running with IIS but the CDE needs to be hosted by a tomcat

Sep 02, 2016 06:17 AM

Ok, I did get it to run, now I might just have a problem with my tomcat because during the installation process I had it several times, that I needed a server reboot, as the tomcat service wasn't able to start because of a JVM_bind issue, but it didn't mention any port

I should be Ok installing the CDE on the CA Release Automation Management Server, right? As long as I make sure, that the Tomcat runs on a different port?

Sep 02, 2016 03:45 AM

no, I missed the mysql 5.5. installation. is the jdbc driver the connector I find online or is this a lib file or something else in the installation root of mysql?

Sep 02, 2016 03:23 AM

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have installed MySQL 5.5 and copied the MySQL JDBC driver into the tomcat_home/lib folder, we also need the 64 bit version of JRE 8. When you go to the CDD link can you send the exact error you are seeing?

Regards

Keith

Sep 02, 2016 03:22 AM

well I'll be damned, next time I search first before writing here

I need a higher JRE version: System Requirements - CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I'm just keeping these posts here, maybe someone else needs those informations later on as well

Sep 02, 2016 03:18 AM

ah, one more information: I installed tomcat on one of our many test machines, where also an agent is already running and used the JRE of the nolio agent (Java Version 1.7.0) as the one for the tomcat installation. didn't get any errors during that, so I assumed it was ok

or might this be a problem, because the CDD needs a higher version of the JRE?

Sep 02, 2016 03:15 AM

Hey Keith-Puzey-CA,

might you be able to help me out here again?

I have a windows 2012 server and installed tomcat 8.5 with the windows service installer. I can access the apache root website and when I put in the CDE/CDD war files and try calling it like it is shown in the video I'm getting an error that the resource is not available. On the server I see that the war files are being extracted, so tomcat did do something.

any chance you might know what the problem is?

thanks.

michael

Jul 22, 2016 03:50 PM

Want to learn more? Check out these additional training resources...

Jun 17, 2016 03:28 AM

Hi Keith,

thanks for the info.

best regards

michael

Jun 17, 2016 02:10 AM

Hi Michael,

This is not currently possible as the tomcat version shipped with the GA version of release automation is not tomcat 8 which is the pre-req for CDE. The plan is for tomcat to be upgraded in an upcoming release of Release Automation. It is possible to install a separate tomcat 8 instance onto the NAC to host the CDE application if required.

The installer will remain as a War file deployment.

Regards

Keith

Jun 17, 2016 01:48 AM

Hi,

is it also possible just to put the sources on the management server in the "...CA\ReleaseAutomationServer\webapps" folder and do the installation there? as we don't have a real tomcat installation, except the one that came with the management server installation, so we also don't have a tomcat service running.

is CA planning on providing a windows installer or will it just stay the way that you get a zip file with the sources?

thanks

michael

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.