DX NetOps Manager

View Only

Free Utility:  AlarmNotifier scripts to send SNMP traps 

Oct 21, 2014 06:42 PM

AlarmNotifier scripts that will use the sendtrap utility from CA SystemEDGE to send traps based on new (SetScript), updated (UpdateScript), or cleared (ClearScript) alarms.  Loosely based on the old awtrap based Spectrum integration with CA NSM but updated to use SystemEDGE sendtrap and include additional fields.  This was tested against Spectrum 9.4 and SystemEDGE 5.8.2.

Your feedback is appreciated so please post any comments in this thread.  As with all free Infrastructure Management postings, inquiries should be made through questions or comments in this thread, and the author, Robert Kettles, will provide a response.

All information downloaded or accessed (including field packs, customized solutions, patches etc.) are provided AS IS and no warranties are provided or made.  For more information you may click here.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
snmpnotifier.zip   12 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 05, 2023 08:35 AM

Does the systemEDGE agent need to be installed on the Spectro Server?

Would there be any problem using the standard ports for the agent ?

default_port 1691
trap_community public 121.111.1.2 162

Jun 03, 2016 12:52 AM

Very much helpful

May 04, 2016 07:41 PM

Sorry for the very long delay.  I've added the MIB (SPECTRUM-TRAP.txt) to the zip file.  Unfortunately, that made the document lose it's "official" status, at least temporarily.  The scripts are the same, so hopefully one of the moderators can make it "official" again.  Enjoy! 

Mar 12, 2015 09:49 PM

Yeah, i can't really use it unless i have a mib for it.

Mar 12, 2015 04:39 PM

I haven't written a MIB for this since it was something I put together pretty quickly as a field integration.  Do you need a MIB (I think I know the answer) or is it more of a nice to have?  I did my best to pick a spot in the MIB tree that won't step on anything else but they haven't been officially allocated by the resident MIB master. 

Yes, that part of the SetScript is correct or at least wasn't changed from the out of the box scripts that I based these on.

Mar 09, 2015 03:46 PM

Has anyone written a MIB to go along with this? I don't want to have to write one myself, but I will if i have to.

Also, is line 210 of the SetScript supposed to look like that or are the double quotes in the wrong place?

Oct 22, 2014 09:17 AM

Yes.  SystemEDGE 5.x supports SNMPv3 with the Advanced Encryption AIM installed.  The syntax was posted in this response here:

https://communities.ca.com/message/241714536#241714536

-Rob

Oct 22, 2014 06:17 AM

Hi,

Can we send V3 trap as well by using this utility ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Oct 21, 2014 06:52 PM

Thanks. Very useful as an example to get Spectrum to send traps for an integration with another system.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.