DX Infrastructure Management

View Only

FAQ: Support Portal Training Tips for CA UIM and CA CSM Users 

Nov 12, 2015 01:44 PM

Changes to your support case management. Beginning November 16th, registered users of support.nimsoft.com and nimsoft.com/customerportal will use support.ca.com for case management. Join us for a live demo and quick training session on how to open a case and a quick overview of what has changed in your environment. You will also have the chance to ask questions. Register for the Webcast here, and get started on what's new and how it works by reading over this FAQ for using support.ca.com portal.

Questions

Answers

When can I start using the new support portal? If you are an active Nimsoft customer and do not already have an id and password to access support.ca.com, your id will be updated to allow access to support.ca.com. Once your id is authorized, you can access support.ca.com anytime.  However, the setup of customer information and Nimsoft product information will be available by November 16th. At that time you will be able to open new cases for your Nimsoft products via support.ca.com.
How will my active cases on Nimsoft Portal appear on SupportOnline?Active cases for which you are the current "Contact" will show up under "My Cases" with a new case number and the title of case will be the same. The “Summary” tab will also include at the top the Nimsoft Portal case number.
Will I be able to view all open cases associated to my Account even if I’m not the Contact?

Yes. Within view cases next to “Opened By” you will select “All user associated with this site”.

How do log into support.ca.com?

A new user ID will be created and it will the email address that is listed in your Nimsoft Portal profile. If that email address is same as User ID you use to login into Nimsoft Portal, then the new SupportOnline ID will appear to be the same. You will just need to go to the login screen and click on Forgot Password to reset the password for the new User ID.

However,  if the email address in your Nimsoft Portal profile is different than your User ID. Your user id in SupportOnline will be the email address that is associated to your profile in Nimsoft Customer Portal. Only if the 2 are different than your User ID, it will change.

Will I be able to re-open a case new system that was closed in the old system?No.  Closed Nimsoft cases will be migrated at a later date, so there isn’t a Case to reopen on the CA Support system.  Please open a new Case. 
What is a “Site ID” and why do I (possibly) have more than one?Site IDs are how CA identifies customer locations. Support entitlements are based on contracts associated to these Site IDs. When you log into CA Support Online (http://support.ca.com), you will see a “Site ID” field near the top left of the display.  If the field has a drop-down arrow, your ID has been associated to more than one Site ID.  If not, then your ID only has one Site ID associated to it.  Selecting the drop-down arrow will allow you to select the Site ID with which you want to interact.  If you can’t create a Case for a product on one Site ID, you may be able to create one on another Site ID.
When can I start using my SupportOnline account?You may begin using your SupportOnline Account November 16th
Where will I access product downloads?You will continue to access downloads on support.nimsoft.com.
How do I register new users for Case Management?All new users will register themselves using the Common Registration form ensuring they select CA Support option and enter their Customer Site ID. If you do not know your Customer Site ID, please contact Global Customer Assistance.
When I register for my account for case management will that also provide me access to access downloads?

No. You will require a separate login to access downloads. If you need that access, please contact Global Customer Assistance or log a case using your new SupportOnline account using Product SupportOnline.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 15, 2015 01:13 PM

User Resources Notification: support.nimsoft.com KB articles moved to support.ca.com https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231163610

Nov 23, 2015 09:46 PM

good to hear

Nov 23, 2015 04:35 PM

Thanks. I opened a case and my site ID from the other support site was added and now I see all the cases when I log in. I'm good for now..

Thank you.

Dan

Nov 23, 2015 01:59 PM

Hi Dan, yeah, even i was not a huge fan of the migration happening while some customers at CAW but ... regardless to that - here is the link to the webcast recording we did last week and this should help you.   Let me know if you get stuck or need more assistance you know we will do all we can to help you out. Thanks, M

Webcast Recap: Migrating from support.Nimsoft.com

Nov 23, 2015 01:19 PM

You can also call 1-800-225-5224. The customer care team will be happy to help!

Nov 23, 2015 01:07 PM

open a case under the product 'Support Online', or if you have one talk you your account manager. Most likely it is a problem with the Site ID used, your company has more than one and the wrong one was used.

Nov 23, 2015 12:56 PM

Well got back from CA World and now all my outstanding open uim cases have been moved but I have don't have access to view any of them on the new site?

Who fixes this since I can't contact the engineers on the old site nor do can I see the cases on the new.

Awesome!!

Nov 12, 2015 03:56 PM

Rachel,

Who can I talk to find out how this affects us CA employees that have accounts?

Thanks,

MikeD

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.