Date: October 31, 2018
To: CA Unified Infrastructure Management Customers
From: The CA Technologies Unified Infrastructure Management Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA Unified Infrastructure Management Product components
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms (https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-support-policy-and-terms.html), please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing technical support for following Unified Infrastructure Management
- RCA and Topology Manager
- Nimsoft VBlock Monitoring
- Nimsoft Monitoring Installer for the VBlock Infrastructure Platform 1.0
Effective October 30, 2019. CA will honor any active contract in place for the mentioned product components signed before EOS announcement i.e. 30th October 2018.This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources and add value to the next release of Unified Infrastructure Management.
For information on Unified Infrastructure Management, please visit the Unified Infrastructure Management pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
As CA Technologies would like to make your upgrade to Unified Infrastructure Management 9.0.2 as straightforward as possible, we are offering the following:
- The latest supported Version/Release of Unified Infrastructure Management, at no charge, as long as you have an active maintenance contract for Unified Infrastructure Management. Documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade to the new Version/Release can be viewed on the Unified Infrastructure Management pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- Accelerated time-to-value when you engage CA Services to assist you with any or all parts of your upgrade. CA Support complements our services team by providing upgrade support services to help ensure your success. Upgrade support services provides 24x7 access to CA Support and direct access during business hours to a designated support resource who will provide support on the End of Service version from upgrade start to finish, and for 30 days after your upgrade is complete. Additional information can be found in Seven Strategies for Successful Upgrade and Upgrade Services available on www.ca.com/services. Please contact your CA account representative to receive a quote for such services.
- Upgrade assistance from qualified local CA partners. For more information and a list of partners in your area, please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, (https://www.ca.com/us/partners.html).
CA Extended Support, a CA Technologies support offering, that extends support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached End of Service. CA Extended Support may be available for a limited time after the End of Service date. Please note however, that in most cases CA upgrade services will provide a more cost effective and valued approach than CA Extended Support alone. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.