DX Infrastructure Management

View Only

CA UIM HUB Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting Guide 

Oct 31, 2016 09:46 AM

This UIM HUB performance optimization and troubleshooting guide fosters a deeper understanding of the CA UIM HUB and how it operates. It also covers how to optimize performance, and how to troubleshoot HUB issues. The troubleshooting sections include a standard troubleshooting checklist of tasks as well as offering up over 10 scenarios describing HUB issues and how to resolve them.

This guide also contains some extracts from key sections of the CA UIM Help documentation, internal documentation, backline and development resources, or Knowledge Articles that are useful for understanding the HUB and how to optimize performance and troubleshoot issues. That said, it is also important to note that all of the information in this document has been reviewed, tested, reassessed, and vetted for accuracy.

For the complete CA UIM HUB help documentation, search for the HUB documentation at:

https://docops.ca.com/dosearchsite.action?queryString=HUB&startIndex=0&where=UIMPGA   

This guide is based on the HUB version for UIM 8.4. The Help documentation and Release Notes contain important information and should be reviewed in full. Moreover, valuable information on HUB installation, scalability and compatibility can be found in the Downloads section of the CA UIM support site at the links below:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/en

Please also refer to the Compatibility Support Matrix for the latest information on supported OS, databases and platforms.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
21 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
Hub_Performance_Optimization_and_Troubleshooting_Guide_20....pdf   1.21 MB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

May 30, 2017 07:07 PM

One way...you can use the sql probe to track the growth of your UIM database and plot it on a trend chart 

May 30, 2017 12:50 PM

Hi ,

I hope you are doing good. I would like to understand how much volume(Monitoring data) stored in UIM database for daily basis. Is there any SQL query for get the details.

Dec 30, 2016 01:17 PM

The url inside the document is not working on page 8 you state:
In a multiple hub domain, upgrading to v7.70 does not allow this scenario. See, Impact of Hub SSL Mode When Upgrading Nontunneled Hubs in the Hub (hub) Release Notes.
Note: Any tunnels set up between hubs remain after you upgrade, and communication will continue.

and sends you to fttps://docops.ca.com//display/NMP/.Hub+(hub)+Release+Notes+vWorking#id-.Hub%28hub%29ReleaseNotesvWorking-ImpactofHubSSLModeWhenUpgradingNon-tunneledHubsimpact  (The F in fttp:// was changed to that because when I used https it would replace my text with Process SAML Authentication )  Can you please give the correct location of the document.

it gives:

Page Not Found

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

• The page does not exist.
  • The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

Nov 30, 2016 09:00 PM

If the transfer rate is less then 250Kps this may cause a problem with message transfer

Check hub transfer rate between hubs and address network speed with network team if at or below 250kps

Normally a  B or b is used to indicate if we are talking Kilobytes per second, or Kilobits per second. Without it , I have no real idea what the author Gene_Howard is trying to convey.. even the mixed case of K vs k  adds to the confusion.

Nov 08, 2016 02:53 AM

Nice document, however I think that the Diagram on page 9 needs to add port 48001 to the Robot to Hub communication. Otherwise spooler messages won't come through (as stated in the text itself on page 6 and page 12)

Nov 07, 2016 10:43 AM

Thanks Gene, this is great content ! Appreciate you sharing with the community

Oct 31, 2016 09:51 AM

Thanks ! It is really helpful.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.