Layer7 API Management

View Only

Chat Transcript: API Management Office Hours [Jan. 14th] 

Jan 14, 2016 03:04 PM

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Welcome to Office Hours for CA API Management!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

If you have a question about CA API Gateway, CA API Developer Portal, CA Mobile API Gateway or CA Live API Creator - enter it here in the chat window. Our product experts are standing by to answer your questions in real-time!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Retweet: https://twitter.com/CA_Community/status/687711490145685504

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Thank for the RT, Atul!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Do you have any questions for our team today?

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Take a CA Product Feedback survey! They only take a few minutes. Find all open surveys here: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231162658

Atul Raut :

Hi All.. I have few questions.. I am  Coreblox LLC which is an Advanced Partner of CA1)

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Great! Ask away!

Atul Raut :

1) I want to try CA Live API Creator.. what is the process to get the installable and trial license for CA Live API creator?

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

There's a webinar coming up on Live API Creator. RSVP here: http://transform.ca.com/494574-Reimagining-API-and-Application-Back-End-Creation-Webinar.html

Atul Raut :

ok

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

More info coming.. hold on a few more seconds..

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

Atul, the download is available through the CA Support Portal at support.ca.com -> Product -> Downloads. As for the license key please send an email to api-support@ca.com with GSC in the subject and your request for a trail license. Do you have an account rep you normally work with as they can facilitate this?

Atul Raut :

• ok..

Atul Raut :

We work with Jonny Curley.. I will follow the steps provided by you.. I have already submitted a ticket with api-support@ca.com for trial license..

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

okay you are half way there then.

Atul Raut :

2) I am currently implementing CA API Gateway cluster and CA API Developer Portal for one of the CA's customer.. for Stage and Production environment.. Is there any article which talks about the best practices before going live with API Portal and Gateway? Best practices like changing the password for mysql db user root, changing the password for mysql db user lrs for portal, setting up audit purge script etc..

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

Atul, I believe that you have opened a support case for this and we have reached out to our services team to see what they have.

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

We agree that this a good idea and should be a supplemental to our manuals.

Atul Raut :

ok perfect

Atul Raut :

3) Sorry I think I had asked this earlier as well.. Just checking if anyone has any sample policies for WS Federation SSO?

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

I noted that you have a community post for this that has gone unanswered which should not have occurred. I will look to see if we do and get a post to the communities shortly.

Atul Raut :

perfect thanks Stephen .. thanks for tieing it back to the community post.. I keep trying my questions  all the avenues :-) Office Hours, Community Post, Support case

Stephen Hughes (CA) :

Thank you for your persistence.

Atul Raut :

I am done with my questions.. thanks for your help... I will stay on the meeting to check other questions posted

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Thanks, Atul!

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

@Atul - a question for you if I may. What are the top 5 topics, in your opinion, that might be missing  Education courses? I can take the feedback to my team and see if we can get these topics included in future training offerings.

Atul Raut :

Sorry one more question... Do we any central place or KB article where we can see all the virtual trainings for CA API Management Suite...? So that I can subcribe to that page for any new update (new training modules)..

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

@Atul, let me get you the link for the API Management Learning Path

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

http://www.ca.com/us/~/media/Files/LearningPaths/ca-api-management.pdf

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

You'll find most of our offerings are self-paced/web-based training, so you don't have to wait for a virtual class to be posted

Atul Raut :

Sorry but I don't see all the courses listed here which are related to CA API Management... to name a few.. 04LSV30010 - CA API Gateway r8.3: Policy Migration 300, PREGA CA LAYER 7 API PORTAL 2.6 - 04LSV20030, PreGA CA API Gateway 8.2: Differences 200 - 04LSV20100,

Atul Raut :

I know these are very specific to particular versions.. but they are useful to understand the new features brought in my new releases..

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

The PreGA courses wouldn't be listed here, as they are for employees and partners only. There is a Partner Learning path located on the partner portal, but I would have to do a little more digging to find that link, stand by

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

7 minutes left! Get your final questions in now!

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

@Atul - I'll have to dig more than I thought, so I apologize for that. I will follow up in an email to get you that Partner Link.

Atul Raut :

1. perfect.. thanks.. I have the pdf file for PLP.. even I was not able to find the link to the PLP..

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Alright! That's all the time we have for today!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.