Release Automation

View Only

RA Office Hours Transcript  - March 2017 

Mar 24, 2017 09:08 AM

Chat transcript from Release Automation Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2017) which took place on March 24, 2017.

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: Welcome to Office Hours for RA! Today we'll be taking your questions on all things RA and RA CDE, but will have a focus on upgrades. Let's get started!

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: You can ask your questions here in the chat box. Don't forget to "Send to: everyone"

Tim Dallmann to Everyone: Hello all.  Related to an upgrade, I would like to be able to set up a POC RA server that is a copy of production, so I can practice the upgrade before applying it for "real".  What is the best way to create a copy of the RA server?

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: @Tim  - thanks for joining! We're working on a response for that now.

Sachin to Everyone: @Tim, take the backup of nolio DB only and import into a new database, the DB type you are using now.  Now install the RA server on a new VM and Skip the database configuration option. Once installed, modify the files distributed.properties and database.properties located at <RA Management Server>/webapps/datamanagement/WEB-INF

Sachin to Everyone: @Tim - Also only install the Management server. Dont install Execution Server and Agents.

Tim Dallmann to Everyone: @Sachin, OK - that aligns with what my thoughts were.  Thank you!

Walter Guerrero to Everyone: Here is a link that will provide with all the necessary information in how to upgrade Release Automation: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-release-automation/pages/upgrade-ca-release-automation

Sachin to Everyone: @Tim - Also make sure existing execution server on the replica environment created should be removed.

Marco to Everyone: Hello all, When a step of the deploy fail I can resume it adding a comment. Where can I find this report after the deploy? Some logs? Reports?

Jacky Mahadab to Everyone: @Marco , if you open the process execution overview  --> events , filter source to user operation and you will see it

Marco to Everyone: @Jacky Under 'environments' in the ROC?

Jacky Mahadab to Everyone: @Marco , ROC --> environments --> execution overview.

Jacky Mahadab to Everyone: @Marco, in case its old execution you can find it in dashbord -->process reports --> offline processes

Marco to Everyone: @Jacky got it. Not so easy

Tim Dallmann to Everyone: That's a good question from @Marco - does anyone know if the debugging features in 6.4 will also include this detail?

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: @Tim - let me follow up with a member of our product management team and see if i can get you a response on that

Marta Benach to Everyone:  @Tim - In our Beta 2 image - the debugging logs show that the action was in failed-pause state and also that the action was manually resumed but it doesnt include the comments.

Marco to Everyone: @Marta same for me on the ROC. I just see the operation but no comment. I'm quite sure they wrote a comment

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: @Marco/Tim -do you have a preferred way you'd like to see those comments in the deploy? We're interested to hear your feedback

Jacky Mahadab to Everyone: @Marco  in the screenshot you can see that I look at the events , make sure source is  user operation. in the event details you can see the message as well

Marco to Everyone: @Jacky but this work only for running processes, right?

Jacky Mahadab to Everyone: @Marco I think this should be there also after the process finished

Tim Dallmann to Everyone: Not sure if this can be answered here or not, but has there been any more talk about an open source repo for action packs created by end users?

Assaf Shlomi to Everyone: @Tim With regards to the open source Action Pack. I agree that this is a very good idea, and in my to do list I have this item as an idea that I would like to promote. We haven't started to do it yet, I hope that I would succeed to push it along CY17

Melanie Giuliani to Everyone: @all - alright that wraps up our session today! we will be posting a transcript of this to the community later today/early tomorrow.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.