0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
JTop.zip   33 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jun 25, 2018 09:35 AM

and where do I find this extension to download?

Jun 22, 2018 12:53 PM

Jtop is out of date and will not be updated.

Better to use JMX, native thread dump feature of APM, or our enhanced thread monitoring field extension.

Jun 22, 2018 06:52 AM

Do we have latest jar file for JRE 1.7 and 1.8. We are using 10.7 agent and Websphere version 8.0,8.5 and 9.0

Thanks

Ranga

Aug 23, 2016 02:24 PM

Thanks Jack for following up!

Hal German

Aug 23, 2016 02:12 PM

Hello Samira!

As Hiko_Davis mentioned, this could be due to a mismatch in Java versions; before I re-compile and re-upload, however, can you give me some specifics about your environment, e.g. operating system, JRE version, processor type?

Also, would you mind adding the below property to your IntroscopeAgent.profile, restarting your instrumented application, and, after restart, sending me the IntroscopeAgent.log?

log4j.logger.IntroscopeAgent.JTop=VERBOSE, logfile

Please feel free to send me the log privately, rather than posting it publicly here. And if you'd rather not send the entire contents of the log file to me, you could set the overall agent log level as below, delete/rename/move the existing file, and then restart. After the restart completes, only the JTop log messages should be present in the IntroscopeAgent.log:

log4j.logger.IntroscopeAgent=ERROR

Aug 18, 2016 12:19 AM

It could depend on OS, hardware, and JRE version. It was compiled for Java 1.5 so if you're using something more recent, it may require a recompile. You can try to reach Jack at his personal email listed in his README.

Aug 17, 2016 06:09 PM

Hello,

I came across your post on the below discussion to monitor hung threads. We are seeing a hung thread situation with a thread consuming high CPU  for an application and wanted to utilize the Jtop.zip to identify the thread consuming the max CPU.  I followed the instructions in the readme file and configured the extension without any grouping( using the default of none). However I see the Max CPU Thread metric as inactive( grayed out).  Can you please guide us on what maybe missing for this metric to not report any stat?

Thanks,

Samira

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.