Symantec Access Management

View Only

MS-SQL Always-On is not supported by vApp 14.1 

Mar 29, 2018 10:21 AM

Currently, MS-SQL Always-On is not supported as External Database.

Always-On technology is not supported by the point products (IM, IP, IG), so it is not supported by vApp.

Also, the SQL Windows Authentication is not supported by the point products (IM, IP, IG) and therefore not supported on vApp as well.

If the customer needs that vApp support MS-SQL Always-On, ask them to open an idea.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 30, 2018 08:32 PM

Hi

There are mixed messages then. A few years back we were told by support to upgrade IM to 12.6.8 (SP7 or SP8 can't exactly remember) as that SP upgraded the underlying jdbc drivers that support AlwaysOn. We did, it worked and we moved on.

Cheers

-huy

Apr 26, 2018 10:43 AM

we will be looking at adding official support for it in the future or at least best effort support

Apr 26, 2018 10:10 AM

Hi Hila,

I understand, but customers would be very reluctant to install some-thing in their production environment which is un-supported (even though there are no known technical limitations).

Regards

Per

Apr 26, 2018 07:29 AM

MS-SQL Always-on functionality is not support on Identity Suite because it wasn't certified/tested with it and not because there's a known technical limitation for which it wouldn't work.

Apr 25, 2018 07:11 AM

Hi,

I have now also opened up an idea for having AlwaysOn supported - you can find the idea here.

Regards

Per

Apr 18, 2018 05:11 AM

Hi,

it is NOT supported.

Just got it confirmed from the following support case: 01008218 - Is MS-SQL Always-On is supported by vApp 14.1?

Regards

Per

Apr 09, 2018 06:17 PM

IM definitely supports AlwaysOn, we've configured it in the past. Just need to add multiSubnetFailover=true in the connection string. I depends on the JDBC driver that is used and whether it supports AlwaysOn or not. IM 14.1 ships with a supported driver. Not sure what driver are shipped with IG/IP. The ability to configure that setting may not be available.

Apr 09, 2018 09:35 AM

I don't think there is a limitation in the product(not documented) unless someone from Product Management or Engineering has confirmed the same.

When you configure SQL server for always on, from the VApp or On-Prem side, you specify a cluster name instead of a single database/server name and SQL server will make sure the failover will occur discreetly in the background.

Thank you

Apoorva

Apr 09, 2018 09:03 AM

Hello,

Can I ask what are the technical reasons behind this limitation? We have customers stating they are using the always-on feature currently with our products (IM to be specific) and didn't face any issue so far.

Thank you,

Alex

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.