Service Operations Insight

View Only

SOI full services export then import specific service by name - DBlanco 

Dec 16, 2015 09:56 AM

Hello,

Wanted to share this with the community from a procedural process how to export all services defined within SOI, then if need be how to import a all services or specific services if it ever a specific service got messed up.

SOI Services Backup Export Procedure:

To Backup and Export all services defined in SOI do the following:

1. Have to run the encrypt utility to generate the encrypted password we will need to specify later on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>WSSamEncryptCmd.bat <PASSWORD>

Executing WSSamEncryptCmd .....

EGMNiwBA/+bQ3cNmfeIU1koNkG/fMerwZ11bk6Oh5sdWm   << This is the encrypted password we will need to specify in the below commands to access the soi DB.

Return code: 0

WSSamEncryptCmd Finished....

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>

The WSSamServiceCmd help options:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>WSSamServiceCmd.bat

Executing WSSamServiceCmd .....

WSSamServiceCmd Usage

Syntax:

WSSamServiceCmd

-h<wsHostName:wsPort>

-u<wsUsername>

-p<wsPassword>

-a<Export|Import>

-s<Service InstanceID|*>

-f<fileName>

Examples:

WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -poneclick -aExport -s"SA_Service:WSMan New Service" -fc:/myServiceExport.xml

WSSamServiceCmd -hserver1:7090 -usamuser -poneclick -aExport -s* -fc:/allServicesExport.xml

WSSamServiceCmd -hserver1:7090 -usamuser -poneclick -aImport -s* -fc:/allServicesImport.xml

Return code: 1

EXPORTING SOI Services:

Log onto your SOI-MGR Machine. Open a command Prompt as Administrator.

CD to the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin> directory.

Then run:

WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -pEGMNiwBA/+bQ3cNmfeIU1koNkG/fMerwZDb11Oh5sdWm -aExport -s* -fc:/allServicesImport.xml

//This will export ALL defined SOI services when specifying -s*

To export a specific service, you would have to specify the Services InstanceID. To Find the Service Instance Name select the service in SOI, then open its SOI Properties Tab, then select the InstanceID line.

Right click and copy it then paste it into the -s"*****" argument.

Example:

soi service property ID.jpg

So export this specific service you would then run:

:\CA\SOI\tomcat\bin>WSSamServiceCmd.bat -hlocalhost:7090 -ucaspectrum -pEGMNiwBA/+bQ3cNmfeIU1koNkG/fMerwZDbk6115sdWm -aExport -s"Service:servicename,clientuctemplate" -fd:/Temp/allServicesImport.xml

IMPORT:

Now to import all services:

> WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -pEGMNiwBA/+bQ3cNmfeIU1koNkG/fMerwZDbk115sdWm -aImport -s* -fc:/allServicesImport.xml

To import a specific service you would specify the same file and just tell it to import the specific service using the services Instance ID. Example:

> WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -pEGMNiwBA/+bQ3cNmfeIU1koNkG/fMerwZDb11h5sdWm -aImport -s"Service:servicename,clientuctemplate" -fc:/allServicesImport.xml

NOTES:

Considerations. If you export a service the properties on those CI's become static since they now have a universal connector reference sheet attached to this CI. What I noticed was that CI's that had an old IP address were getting correlated to new CI's since they had the old IP address. Consider this as a item to fix correlation issues in the future if the properties changes on the CI and new CI's are created with the old correlate-able properties. 

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 09, 2019 09:00 AM

I've tried to adopt this procedure for exporting a specific service, but all I get are the services one level down e.g.

Below is how part of it looks:
Shakedown
      Contact Centre REAL
            CTCE1 - REAL
                  CompSystem1
                  CompSystem2
            CTCE2 - REAL
                  CompSystem3
                  CompSystem4
      Contact Centre SHADOW
            CTCE1 - SHADOW
                  CompSystem61
                  CompSystem62
            CTCE2 - SHADOW
                  CompSystem63
                  CompSystem64

However when I import it I just see the following structure:

Shakedown
      Contact Centre REAL
      Contact Centre SHADOW

So it only created the Shakedown service with one level of sub-services and no children.

I used the below commands to export/import:

WSSamServiceCmd.bat -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -p<encrypted_password> -aExport -s"Service:servicename,shakedown" -fd:/Service_Exports/Shakedown.xml

WSSamServiceCmd -hlocalhost:7090 -usamuser -p<encrypted_password> -aImport -s"Service:servicename,shakedown" -fd:/Service_Exports/Shakedown.xml

Have I gone wrong somewhere, or is this expected behaviour?

Dec 21, 2015 02:27 PM

thank you for sharing this with the community DanielBlanco

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.